• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Gloves

Chuck Smith

LawnSite Senior Member
Wondering about gloves. Anyone have any preferences? I carry 3 different types myself, each has it's use. I know, sounds anal, but that's me ;&gt;)<br>I carry leather palm work gloves, for shoveling, and mounting my blade. I carry ski type gloves, for extreme cold, while shoveling and running a blower.<br>For loading salt, or running the blower in the rain following a snowfall, I wear insulated heavy duty rubber gloves. They're pretty warm, and 100% dry. Salt doesn't stiffen them up or cause them to absorb more water, faster like leather gloves. When driving, I wear no gloves. Most of my shoveling is done gloveless.<br>When using a blower, gloves are a must for me.<p>~Chuck Smith<br><p>----------<br>Chuck's Chevy Truck Pages - Snowplowing Central<br>http://members.aol.com/csmith669/plowcentral.html

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
I use the leather-palm gloves for everything, the ones you get at the flea markets for $10/dozen pairs. I rotate four pairs during a storm, letting wet ones dry on the floor of the truck. I do carry a pair of ski gloves behind the seat, just in case.<p>Bill