1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

GLS's Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GLS, Jan 12, 2004.

1. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks really good man.

2. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

Snap Shot for bed use? Whats in the second bag? Also are you guys about to start your second round of apps?

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

How many yds of mulch fit in that trailer ? The grass looks like the same stuff we have been dealing with. Looks like the Toro's handle it fine. Looks good

4. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Work looks great...Is that the worlds oldest lawn chair in the last picture?? LOL

5. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks again

Yes, snapshot for landscape beds. We go through quite a bit of it. Other bags are lawn fert + dimension. We are now done with "step 2 - broadleaf weed control", so we will be moving on to our next round of fertilizer soon.

The trailer will hold 12-14 cu yds of mulch (depends who loads it and what they consider a "yard").

Lawn chair is pretty old, probably 15+ years. I don't know if you can even get that type anymore!

6. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Any updates or new pictures?

7. GLS

I'll try to get some updated pictures posted soon. Crazy busy right now.

8. teamgreendude

Hey Ryan What product are you using for grub & Insect control? I'm trying to put together a perfect 7 step application service for my clients who want to switch from tru brown dead lawn to us.

9. GLS

Sorry for the delayed response.

Our supplier carries "Mallet", the active ingredient is Imidacloprid.

We will be applying this step soon. We will use the mallet + fertilizer on our high maintenance accounts (irrigation), and mallet only (0-0-7) on non-irrigated lawns (they just don't need the fert). The tricky part is trying to get it applied before a rainfall.

We have had good results with this product so far (on applications that receive irrigation following treatment).

10. teamgreendude

Mallet? My supplier told me they had Merit with a little fertilizer in it. Are your non irrigated lawns to dry for nitrogen? I'm also going to try snapshot for a big mulch/landscape project.