GLS's Equipment

OP
G

GLS

LawnSite Bronze Member
Looking good, Ryan!

Lets hope for this snow this weekend! This winter has been a let down compared to last year! We've seen about two 4" pushes...and maybe 3 salt runs.

Mitch
Thanks Mitch. They are still calling for heavy snow tonight and tomorrow, fingers crossed. Possibly 10", that's a pretty big snow for us. Hope it dumps on both of us:dancing:

Do you have a preference on which flatbed you like better, the one that is on your white dodge and black gmc? I'm going to be doing the flatbed conversion this summer to my f350 and not sure if I want to do with just the flatbed or the one with the fold down sides. To do the fold down sides the quote was double and not sure if it is worth the extra money.
They both have their advantages. If I had to pick, I'd take the fold down sides. But I don't mind the stake only option either. We have different side sideboards we run depending on what we're doing.

If you're quote was half the price, I probably would go the cheaper route.

great work love the thread
how do the trucks handle the weight of the expanding plows?
do you have and extra springs in the front?
can the kubota handle the kage with snow or is it just too much?
how big is your kage?

OP
G

GLS

LawnSite Bronze Member
great work love the thread
how do the trucks handle the weight of the expanding plows?
do you have and extra springs in the front?
can the kubota handle the kage with snow or is it just too much?
how big is your kage?
Thanks

Trucks handle the weight fine. The white dodge and black gmc both have timbrens on the front. The red ford we no longer have we put heaver springs on. We try to run a good amount of ballast too.

Our kage is a 10'. We don't run the kage on the kubota. We just used the kubota to load the kage onto a trailer, the bobcat wasn't there. The weight of the kage is 1,600#, which is just within the limits of our kubota to lift.

S-205

LawnSite Bronze Member
Did you notice a big difference in top speed and traction with the new tires and rims for the S650?
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
G

GLS

LawnSite Bronze Member
Any new equipment? Got any pics from this season?
A few new toys. I've gotta sort through my pictures from this season. I'll try to get them posted soon.

Did you notice a big difference in top speed and traction with the new tires and rims for the S650?
Posted via Mobile Device
We never tried the stock tires in the snow, so I can't compare traction. The speed is slightly faster. We went with the 19.5" wheels. You could go with 22.5 if you're looking for significantly better speed. I didn't want to raise the machine that much higher though, it raises the attachment height. If you have a single speed machine, I would definitely go bigger.

S-205

LawnSite Bronze Member
I never considered that it would raise the machine that's something good to think of. The tread life is probably a lot longer than the stock tires because our are starting to see some wear after a few seasons of only snow work.

Ours is a two speed too, but makes a couple long travels on the road from job to job.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
G

GLS

LawnSite Bronze Member
Here's a recap of our 2015 season.

I'll start with a few snow pictures.

First three were last season, here's one from December. Painted the wheels orange, couldn't stand the cream color they came with.

OP
G

GLS

LawnSite Bronze Member
We are now renting a 30x50 shop space. Moved in this past spring.

It has been great to be able to work on trucks/equipment on rainy/cold days. Still have organizing to do yet.