1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

GLS's Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GLS, Jan 12, 2004.

1. OP
    OP
    GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Added another truck to the fleet. 2015 Ram 3500 cummins with aisin transmission, crewcab/longbed. The idea was to replace the old 2002 GMC (getting pretty old and rusty), but decided to plow through the winter with it.

Not sure if we'll put a flatbed on this one or not. I'd like to, but winter hasn't been very kind to us this year.

[​IMG]

Had to do a little custom fabricating to get the old blizzard 810 mounted on this one.
    [​IMG]

We traded our deckover equipment trailer in for this tilt-deck. Deckover was just a little too steep to comfortably load the skid in the snow. The deckover is much safer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    GLS

Also picked up this mini tilt deck for toting the z-spray around.

[​IMG]

We also set up a diesel transfer tank for fueling the skid, ditch witch, and ztr's.

[​IMG]

We thought about mounting a permanent tank in a pickup bed, but didn't want to sacrifice space. This unit we can use when needed, store when not. It can sit on-site for snow removal using the deep-cycle battery.

Beats the heck out of refueling with cans. Plus, we had gelling issues last year. I'm hoping pre-filtering helps to prevent that problem again.

3. OP
    OP
    GLS

Rented this tiller for the skid. Utility company drove large bucket trucks into backyard when soil was saturated. Left not only deep ruts, but also high spots. Tiller did an excellent job of shredding/burying existing sod clumps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't take any other pics of the job, but got it graded out and seeded. Came out very well.

4. OP
    OP
    GLS

Always wanted a higher-volume bucket for the tractor, but couldn't justify one. We used the skid bucket on it this spring for mulch, worked great.

[​IMG]

Fall cleanups. The ztr/bagger is a real workhorse when it comes to cleanups for us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pile was all collected through ztr.

[​IMG]

5. OP
    OP
    GLS

Squeezing in a little vacation time.

[​IMG]

I would prefer to remove this badge, but it would require body work to fill in as it is inset from the rest of the body. So to get rid of the chrome, we sprayed some plasti-dip on it. We'll see how it holds up.

[​IMG]

A couple of fall color shots. Both are full-moon maples. They have some of the best color IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. OP
    OP
    GLS

Just some random shots around my yard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anybody else on here collect dwarf conifers? I have tons more pictures if anyone cares to see.

7. OP
    OP
    GLS

[​IMG]

Gotta love the sedums too. Carefree, good foliage plant, excellent flowering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Wanito05

Wanito05 LawnSite Member

Work looks great! Love that new dodge looks slick.

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Love the tilt deck skid steer trailer. That's on list of things this year to haul my new CTL w/ mulcher.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Awesome! Love the new pickup and the shop. I'd love to find a shop similar in size to that in the next year or two.

Your yard and landscape looks great.