1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

GLS's Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GLS, Jan 12, 2004.

1. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

GLS, I apologize if you have already answered this, but, are you planning on flatbeds on the 2 new dodges?
    I just bought a new quad cab chevy and thought of doing something like you did, but it's the shorter bed(6.5' I think) don't know if that would be worth it...

Ps....Wanito...go zspray!

2. OP
    OP
    GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Love the z-spray. I feel that the z-max is an excellent all-around machine. Agile enough for smaller properties, big enough for large commercial properties. Holds a lot of fertilizer and chemical. I greatly prefer a full spray boom versus the outward spraying nozzles. I use the auxiliary hose reel all the time, a coiled hose is inferior (have the coil hose on an auxiliary tank). We also use to spray fungicides that require 1gpm, which we can do with the 7gpm pump. And true zero-turn.

It really comes down to what your usage is, but i'd highly recommend the zpsray.

3. OP
    OP
    GLS

On the 2012, no. That one is more of a personal truck, we don't normally use for work.

The 2015 maybe. When we get rid of the '02 gmc, we will need to decide whether to buy another shortbed truck to put that flatbed on, or to sell as is and buy another 8' flatbed. If the GMC had an 8' flatbed, we probably would move it over right now.

4. 217lawncare

217lawncare LawnSite Member

Interested in that 6' flatbed if you sell it!!

5. 217lawncare

217lawncare LawnSite Member

One of my favorite threads. Any updates or do you guys have a Instagram page?

6. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

It's funny you brought GLS and Pro Turf threads back to the top. Two of my favorited as well.

7. OP
    OP
    GLS

No instagram, this is the only place I post.

I'll call this the '2016 Update':

No big news. Finally made the switch from bagged to bulk salt. We're using clearlane treated salt, seems to work just as good as the de-icer we were using in bags, with a significant cost savings.

Winter started out OK with plowable snows the first 3 weekends in December. Now nothing. I really hope it picks back up again!

Here are some random shots I pulled off my phone.

New Boss v-box. Went with the new 6.5' model so I can keep snowblowers up front.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. OP
    OP
    GLS

Here was an early spring project. We were able to start at the end of February.

Out with the old...over-planted leggy Thuja
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prepping
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Planting
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. OP
    OP
    GLS

Another project we did late summer. Replaced an old railroad tie wall using Rosetta stone.

The billy goat did most of the digging.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hook on the back of block connects with hoisting device.
    [​IMG]

Steps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Elks

Elks LawnSite Member

Did you form those steps with a mold?