Gly in your pre-em mixture?

todslandl

LawnSite Member
I know alot of guys put gly in their pre-em mixture to spray while the grass is dormant, (like now), and I was wondering what rate you mix it at? Just full strength or a lower strength?

I am just starting this year spraying lawns and I plan to mix gly in to control the grassy weeds and such before the bermuda greens up so just wanted some insight as to how you do it.

I do not mix liquid fert in with my spray I do granular fert. Someone always seems to ask. I appreciate all of your knowledge it has helped me immensly just in the last two weeks I've been on this site!

AnotherOkie

LawnSite Senior Member
Gly seems to work better with less carrier. So, if I'm using 20-40 gpa, I'll use 32-48 oz/acre. If I'm using my Teejet gun, putting out 2 gal/1000ft2, I'll bump up the gly to 48-64 oz/acre (1-1.4 oz/1000). I add surfactant/penetrant such as LI700 or some 32-0-0, when the temps are up and down like this week. If there are a lot of mature broadleaf weeds present, I'll add some LV-6. This has worked well for me for several years.

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
2 quarts per 100 gallons doesnt mean a thing without telling us gpa.
:laugh: I was thinking the same...I just got done mixing 100 gal to use tomorrow. I'll be spraying 6 acres or so with the Z. I wonder how well 64oz of Glyphosate would do for me on 6 acres :rolleyes:

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
I wasn't trying to bust anyone's chops. I was just trying to make a point. There are a few that frequent this site that aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and have absolutely no clue about equipment calibration.

Mix rates have everything to do with broadcast rates and very little to do with gallons of water in the tank.

VARMIT COMMISSION

LawnSite Senior Member
Mixing at 1 1/4 QT/Acre but only targeting grassy weeds with it. I honestly cant tell any difference with 40 or 64 oz/acre early in the year like this. Same results and half the cost for me.

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
I only do this for new pickups that are weedy. Mixing 1.5 qt along with half rate of 3way. Still cold during robin 1 here so anything will take 10-14 days to wilt or brown
Posted via Mobile Device