1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 2500Hd Beacon light

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Duramax8832, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Duramax8832

Duramax8832 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where the wires are for the factory beacon light? I have the button on the dash, but dunno where to begin looking for the wiring.

2. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

Mine were under the roof console. Take one scew out and the tray/compartment will snap out. The wires were laying up there with a few feet of extra wire.
    Also i have heard some say that they are behind the third brake light on the back of the cab. I pulled out my 3rd brake light and they werent there, so i did the overhead piece insinde and found them.

3. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

In my 2005 2500HD crew, I simply pulled the cover away from the "B" pillar cover near the top, used a coat hanger to pull the wire towards me (its just coiled up sitting on top of the headliner near the center). There was no connector on it, so I bought myself an auxilary power outlet for a few dollars at the local parts store (looks like a cigarette lighter) and put on some insulated pushon wire connecters. then I left the wire up in the headliner and secured the outlet facing the back seat area off of the handle near the headliner. its a tight enough fit that you don't even need to drill holes to mount it, just fit it in there. Now I can plug my beacon light in, or just have a power port available to anyone in the back seat for cell phones, cb's, dvd players etc. Worked out very nicely. chuck