1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

GMC New Truck help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DAVELAWN, Sep 25, 2005.

1. DAVELAWN

DAVELAWN LawnSite Member
    from MASS

I need another truck to replace my chevy k2500 1989 4wd. Looking for similar new. Dealer right down the street has a 3500 4wd, with 6.0 gas for $23,770 after rebates. Anyone use this truck? Pros, cons? I have a dump with a 6.0 gas, and the mileage is horrible, 10mpg or so.......will I do better with the pickup......should I get the 3/4 ton instead of one ton...price is similar????

2. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 3500 4x4 pick ups with Dmax/Allison package. Great truck, very stable, well built. Have not had any problems. you will enjoy the much improved braking system over the year you have. Personally, I would find the diesel. 18MPG running the freeways at 75-80 and they drop below 15 when pulling trailers through the mountains. For pulling, assuming you get the tow package, you can't even feel a trailer behind you. Typically we pull 16' Wells Cargo enclosed trailers, loaded with all the stuff we use for work, and a tag along flatbed with a CAT 257B, 6 way dozer blade, bucket, and forks.

The oldest truck is registering 60K right now, it's an 04. Newest is an 05.

If I had to change one thing I would have gotten the first one with yuppie seats, the kind with the little knob where you can change the lumbar support curves and I would not have gotten carpet. Carpet in a truck is for girly men.