1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Goals for 2005

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tiedeman, Jan 13, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I just signed up for Quickbooks Deluxe online billing today. I have used their Merchant account before but I decided to take it a step further with online billing.

I have before in the past processed online payments via paypal but didn't like the processing charges. So I have went with quickbooks.

But like the thread is stated above, my goal for the start 2005 is to have 75% of my customers to pay online with the quickbooks service. Currently I have 3% that used to do so with paypal. So I have to work my butt off 2004 to get customers to switch over.

What do you guys think? Too high of goals?

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I can't get my customers to sign up for email billing, let alone online stuff. I was thinking about doing an online application myself, as I am learning cold fusion, php and MySQL in school. But I doubt any of my people would even use it.

Good luck with your stuff. 3% to 75% might be a big jump, though.

:D

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Even if I only got 1/4 of my customers to do the online billing I would be happy. The amount of time and money that I spend in mailing the bills via post office is getting to be too much.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I know what you mean!

:D

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Tiedeman,

I know you can do it! Let us know how it works out.