Goals for 2021

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
#1 goal is to survive. I highly doubt I’ll find a helper capable of meeting the expectations I have for them. My standards are probably too high for most “employees” and I’m ok with that. If they can’t show up on time, do what they’re paid to do, and be trustworthy, then I have no use for them. So, I’ll probably be solo the majority of the year and will have to be dialed in really well in order to achieve the balanced work and family life I want. It’s never easy but I’ve never shied away from a challenge either so it should be a fun ride!

JoeCheap

LawnSite Member
I would like to continue to grow my business. In order to do that I really need a dependable employee, one I can trust with my customers and equipment and that has a great work ethic. I've also been thinking of checking into someone who can help me with a little advertising and online presence. It would be great to get through this season without spending much on my JD w/b and Cub Pro Z, as I believe this is the last season for both. Got a new trailer- 2' longer and better build than my last. Looking forward to this season. I did much better last year than I thought I would. The season started early and ended late with lots of rain in-between. We've already had lots of rain this winter, so once it warms up...it's on!

knoxJRM

LawnSite Senior Member
My first goal was to start keeping better records.
Accomplished. QuickBooks online has helped me tremendously. Estimates, invoices, recurring invoices, direct deposit for employees, automatic state and federal filing and payments and more...

after inputting all of 2020 info I set the goal of 30% net profit margin for 2021. We ended 2020 with 11%. It was a huge growth year. Added 2 trucks and 5 guys with a lot of equipment. 7 weeks in we are at 39.9%.

i would also like to add another truck this year and move to a larger shop. Excited to see what God has in store for 2021

CGros31

LawnSite Bronze Member
#1 goal is to survive. I highly doubt I’ll find a helper capable of meeting the expectations I have for them. My standards are probably too high for most “employees” and I’m ok with that. If they can’t show up on time, do what they’re paid to do, and be trustworthy, then I have no use for them. So, I’ll probably be solo the majority of the year and will have to be dialed in really well in order to achieve the balanced work and family life I want. It’s never easy but I’ve never shied away from a challenge either so it should be a fun ride!
I will do the same thing. For someone that's OCD like me, finding a good employee is a nightmare. For the first time in over 10 years I will be working solo. I will downsize a little so that I can handle the workload, but I should actually make more profit. My wife is a beast at lawn care so she will help me when I need additional help.

Top Forums