Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know where you want to be at in 5 years? Retired, sleeping & drinking all day while your crew is our mowing, in the office or still out there working in the field?

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
my goal: to be alive, lord willing. to have two crews running full time, 150-200 fert accts, 120 lawns, and work "in the field" 3 days a week, and fish on my boat with wife and kids the other two

·
Registered
476 Posts
Originally posted by bobbygedd
my goal: to be alive, lord willing. to have two crews running full time, 150-200 fert accts, 120 lawns, and work "in the field" 3 days a week, and fish on my boat with wife and kids the other two
Wow...you guys have short weeks over there in NJ! :D

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
im sayin personally work 3 days, fish two. i dont fish on weekends, thats when the "ham and eggers" are out. ill spend weekends with my kids in the pool.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
lets see... i'll make this a short list....

make enough money to cover my expenses of:
a shop (big, gotta hold all my toys)
a truck (f350 diesel)
enclosed trailer (doubles as snowmobile trailer)
arsenal of mowers (couple ztr's and WBs)
2-3 guys working for me.

Then i'd like to look into doing excavation work for contractors.

·
Registered
332 Posts
To live in a VAN down by the RIVER!

·
Registered
952 Posts
close up the landscape biz and open up a power equipment dealership.commercial equipment only.i want to sell mowers along with plows,spreaders, hydro seeders, TLBs large and small ,skid steers and trailers.i know sounds nuts but i hope by the time im 40 that ill have this all setup.i just can't see myself at the age of 60 mowing lawns and what not.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I haven't planned that far out yet. My plans for 2004 & 2005 are to have only top quality mow jobs no mow, & blow jobs, and to have my chemical apps up and running. As far as running a big biz. not really interested would rather get my profit up where I can live a comfortable life and do a little travel in the winter and fur trap. If I need help I'll use my son in law or my brother in law. :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
pretty much just doin estimates and talking with the clients. Lettin the crews go nuts...

Just gotta find that special someone who cares enough about the lawns, and will cut them at least close to the way I do..

As soon as that person shows up I'll pay him good, and wont work anymore.

So in five years, I'll probably be cuttin yards.....:D

·
Registered
332 Posts
heh heh heh

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Building

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Keep my mowing and maintenance business about the same as it is (maybe a little bigger). I have a foreman already and always have plenty of help, too.

But what I would like to do is open up a nursery. Could hire someone out of college that knows horticulture and I can manage/run the business.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Lugnut....Nice Cobia dude.

Maybe in 5 years I can afford to take some time off and go Cobia fishing when its hot there in the panhandle or Florida. Better work hard till then....haha!

In 5 years I see myself working, with more accounts and no advertising - all new customers coming from referral's...which isnt that far away now!

Nothing else to add because I like where my business is headed and what I do now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.