Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm about tired of my eyes killing me and being full of crap every day.

Does anyone know of some good googles to wear while mowing??? I'd need some that are tinted and DO NOT fog up!! Something that diesn't look totally goofy would be a plus too.

Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
I use Nemesis safety glasses. they look just like Oakley's. I have been saved many times by them.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
When you say goggles do you actually mean goggles or just safety glasses? Is it always windy where you live? It is very rare that I ever get any debris in my eyes from the mower. I have wear oakley prescription sun glasses.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say goggles do you actually mean goggles or just safety glasses? Is it always windy where you live? It is very rare that I ever get any debris in my eyes from the mower. I have wear oakley prescription sun glasses.
Yeah, goggles.

It's been really windy the last two days. Even with the rain, it's still dusty and the Bermuda clippings are killer.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
I don't know about the goofie part but go to to Uvex Spoggle Goggles. They have a set that has foam all the way around and they keep out the dust.
And they are tinted. There is some fogging but not bad unless you wear a dust mask with them.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know about the goofie part but go to to Uvex Spoggle Goggles. They have a set that has foam all the way around and they keep out the dust.
And they are tinted. There is some fogging but not bad unless you wear a dust mask with them.
I just ordered three different types of Pyramex tinted safety goggles. I'll give y'all a report in a few weeks.

·
Registered
543 Posts
right now I only wear goggles while trimming and edging, which I do as soon as I arrive at an account. My Z has a mulch kit and produces no blowout whatsoever. IDK, we will see in the summer when it starts getting real dusty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have really bad eyes. Need to wear two contacts in an eye at a time. I usually just wear sunglasses but also wear snowboarding goggles for clean ups. Have also tried tinted swimming goggles but they start to pinch my head after a while. Tried buying some motorcylce goggles but they still let a lot of debris and dust in. Have had the best luck with the snowboarding goggles. Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Get some of these. They are motorcycle glasses made by shadow. Have foam padding on the inside around your eyes so nothing gets in. I have a tinted set I wear on my bike and a set with yellow lenses for work. About $25.

·
Registered
369 Posts
A friend of mine picked me up a set of sunglasses from Daytona Bike Week last year with the foam around the eye pieces and they work great keeping dust out. Look alot like a pair of Oakleys, but were only $15.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Have the Pyramex tinted goggles. The foam literally melts onto your skin leaving your face with a black outline of the goggles so I stopped wearing em. My eyes are the worst this year- glazy all the time and my left eye is slow opening after sleeping almost as if the eyelid is glued to the eye. I hope to retire soon.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I still got something in my eye once though... drove me nuts...
yeah i suppose i will learn soon enough and always have them on..... ill have to try it my next full day of mowing.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Go to saftyglasses.com and scroll down to the goggles section. Look at the wheelz goggles. That is what I use, they have a rubber gasket that keeps the dust out. They don't fog up and they only cost $6 a pair. This is my second year on the same pair. Get the grey ones they look better than the picture on the website.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.