Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Banned
22,465 Posts
You guys do what you want but my attitude is Safety glasses and Hearing protection are required to be worn at all times.
Because I don't think those goggles scratch from air hitting them, thou I reckon I could be wrong.

If you got the money, I recommend Uvex Genesis.
If not, shop around.

· Registered
6,839 Posts
I mowed a dusty pasture this morning that had a considerable number of trees in it. When I stopped to turn, the dust would catch up with me and get in my eyes, leaving them gritty feeling and NASTY.

Ugh..why I bring swimming goggles from now on. I don't care how dumb I look. Sand and contacts do not mix well..

· Registered
424 Posts
For mowing I use Spoggles. They are goggles with a soft laminated foam gasket attached to the frame of the goggles that rest against your face. I'm using them for the second year now and seldom get dust of debris in my eyes. For string trimming, etc. I use other eye protection as the Spoggles get too warm. There may be something better out there but these work fine for me on a rider or stand on mower.

· Banned
1,522 Posts
I wear one of my paintball masks. It has a built in fan so I stay pretty cool. Keeps bugs from flying in my mouth too!

· Registered
8 Posts
Take a trip to your local motorcycle shop. There is a guy around here that rocks MX goggles. We all poke fun, but I bet he has the last laugh.
My Guys use them for mowing/trimming. They are safety approved and truly keep debris/dust out. Tinted or non. I order a bunch thru Amazon. Seems to be the cheapest way. Sides', there different, kinda cool and makes ya look like Vin Diesel in "Pitch Black".

· Banned
394 Posts
Get some of these. They are motorcycle glasses made by shadow. Have foam padding on the inside around your eyes so nothing gets in. I have a tinted set I wear on my bike and a set with yellow lenses for work. About $25.

++1 on the shadow glasses. We tried them at the beginning of this season
and so far are very pleased with them.

If you're having issues with fogging you can apply NON gritty toothpaste
on the inside and outside of the lenses and let em sit for a bit. Rinse them
off and away you go. You will have to reapply every so often. I can go about
10 to 12 days without reapplying. Just a smidgen will do so a tube of
toothpaste will last you forever.

· Registered
63 Posts
Go to walmart, find the motorbike section. There you will find glasses with the foam around the frame for 20 bucks. That what i use, works great
Posted via Mobile Device

· Banned
2,761 Posts
Go to walmart, find the motorbike section. There you will find glasses with the foam around the frame for 20 bucks. That what i use, works great
Posted via Mobile Device
I think I got the same pair. They might look goofy but to be honest, I don't care what I look like as long as I can see while mowing. Too many times I've had to stop (even with safety glasses on) and try to rub it out of my eye/eyes.

· Registered
442 Posts
I have contacts so I wear googles that have a foam edging that shapes to the contour of my face to keep junk out. Works well and they do not fog up at all.

· Registered
63 Posts
Took a rock to the eyeball thursday. Hurt like hell. I had my saftey glasses pulled down on my nose cause the were dusty and i couldnt see out of them. I am going to buy a couple pairs tomorrow so i will have a clean pair on the truck at all time.
Posted via Mobile Device

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.