Going for Broke!!!!

Wilbuckeye21

LawnSite Member
Okay this will be my second season cutting. I had a few clients and cut for two relator's. Now here's the thing: My housing complex has maybe 300+ houses in it, and there are plenty of lawn companies that come thru here cutting. I want to close the borders on my complex offer a price of $15 per cut (small to medium sized lots) because my overhead will be low I.E. not driving all over town. I feel I can gather a ton of clients in one area and make a profit from low overhead..............Thoughts?????

UniqueLawn&LandscapeTN

LawnSite Member
I myself think the quantity will be the key!!! If you can get 50 of the 300+ to sign on for a year then that will be the kicker....50 accounts at $15 each is $750, now assuming that this will be a weekly contract that puts you at roughly $3k per month...thats not bad at all with not having to have to travel all over the place! MAKE SURE YOUR INSURED!!!

jsslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
I see your point and agree but don't you think $20 is a nice round number? Everyone has $20's. I see you having to have a hand full of $5's to make change. I have a trailer park that I charge $20 per lot and it works great. P.S. like you said, I run out all of the other LCO's. Good-Luck.

zak406

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sounds like your the reason this industry is going down hill. Instead of getting 30 lawns at 10 dollars get 10 lawns at thirty dollars.
Posted via Mobile Device

KS_Grasscutter

LawnSite Gold Member
What happens next year when someone comes in at 12.50? Sounds like a downward spiral that no one will ever come out ahead on. Why not get a logo designed, and some nice door hangers made up, then get accounts the right way, through advertising not lowballing.
Posted via Mobile Device

wildstarblazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
Say $18 bucks and everyone will end up just giving you $20. I did that before but plan on having dollars for change anyway. ha ha. most pay me in checks anyway..