Lawn Care Forum banner
101 - 102 of 102 Posts
Well, some folks here are aware of my backgound and others are not.
But in the end, the following quote sums up my opinion pretty well...

PMLAWN said:
Why do so many people want to work SO hard for SO many hours for such little money.
Take a night class- learn business- start to really make money and start to enjoy life.
...and I would take that a step further to say "if you want to own and manage and employee workforce based business, there are a lot more lucrative fields to do it in beyond mowing lawns."

Now that's awful to say in a place such as this, and I fear that might offend some very sucessful folks as well as some highly aspiring ones. But fact is, it's the TRUTH. Yeah, I know your ten 2-man crews or whatever can drag in a lot of money. But sorry, not as much as 20 men working other gigs for you.

I also think people tend to forget that some areas just lend themselves better to sustaining the mowing crew companies a whole lot better than others. I think it's misleading to those in areas with less population density and so forth.

I guess the bottom line is that I don't see the headaches being worth the rewards for a whole lot of people in this industry. And that friends and neighbors has nothing to do with how big of a guru you are at overall business and people management.

rodfather said:
Your response is a joke sir..btw, would you care to fly to NJ (at our expense) and view our books and talk to my employees? And we can put you to work for a change as well for a few days (instead of sitting on your fat ass) where ever that is, to offset your rude comment...
I'll take you up on that Rod! What kind of rude comment would you like for qualification?

101 - 102 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.