Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure exactly why, but I have noticed a number of local landscape companies (even a couple of big one) have either gone out of business this season, or have merged with other larger companies

One of them was a hardscape company. They've done a ton of jobs around here, most of which in upper class communities. i was surprised to hear them go out this summer. I know personaly 4 develepments they were in over the past 3 years and did atleast 15 jobs in each. Jobs that should have costed $15k to $40k each. I heard the reason he got so many of these jobs was his price was nearly %50 lower than every one else. (MORON). Its no wonder he went out. oh well.... :hammerhead:

·
Registered
156 Posts
With builders going out of business in this downturn, these landscape companies could have been owed a lot of money. If you did a big job and did not get paid, that would hurt. Of course if you bid it low enough, and lose money on each job, eventually you will run out of money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.