Going with the Vride 2 over the TC 2

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thinking about going with the scag Vride 2 over the Tiger Cat 2. My reasons are because. Me and my dad run this business tight. I won't buy any piece of equipment he can't use. My dad has some minor lower back problems. And I've been trying to see what would be more comfortable either standing or sitting. Wich standing was what was best for him. And it actually was pretty comfortable if I do say so my self. For me comfort is not a big issue, but I know long term it will be.

Vride 2 owners what are your likes and dislikes about the unit.

Wobbles

LawnSite Member
If your doing lots of large acreage properties and have no back problems. Alot of people prefer the sit downs. The only other reason to go a sitdown is if you have knee problems and you've demo'd a stander and standing causes your knees to flare up. (btw, you're not really standing, you're leaning into the pad).

Otherwise go a stander. Especially if your doing 1 acre or less on all your properties.
They're just all around better imo.

- Better field of vision of surroundings
- can get on and off instantly (for picking up stuff or bailing if its unsafe)
- Cheaper
- Better on your back (your knees act as suspension) I know i was constantly getting dead legs just from pro longed sitting with my old ferris sit down.
- Better hill stability
- they take up significantly less trailer space
- lighter footprint on properties

To me, the comparison between a sit down vs a stander is like comparing a ztr to a lawn tractor. Sit downs do have their place. But standers are becoming increasingly popular for a very good reason.

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
If your doing lots of large acreage properties and have no back problems. Alot of people prefer the sit downs. The only other reason to go a sitdown is if you have knee problems and you've demo'd a stander and standing causes your knees to flare up.
I don't really do anything bigger than an acre. As of right now anyways. Mostly picking up corner lots and some other acre lots but that's about my range though.

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
As far as hills we do have some steep hills but not alot even if we did have one steep place. I'd just use my walk behind for that.
If it was too steep

Derwood

LawnSite Bronze Member
I am thinking about dumping my 61 Cheetah for another Vride. They are very comfortable and super nimble. Our Vride 52 doesn't hold in ditches like the Cheetah. But the cut on it is very good. 23 Kawi has been great so far.

Downsides to the Vride on MY accounts is that I have several with low hanging branches/limbs/trees - So I'm not sure if I'd be banging my skull a lot more. Though, a couple of good raps on my head might do me some good :)

EricC

LawnSite Senior Member
I am thinking about dumping my 61 Cheetah for another Vride. They are very comfortable and super nimble. Our Vride 52 doesn't hold in ditches like the Cheetah. But the cut on it is very good. 23 Kawi has been great so far.

Downsides to the Vride on MY accounts is that I have several with low hanging branches/limbs/trees - So I'm not sure if I'd be banging my skull a lot more. Though, a couple of good raps on my head might do me some good :)
different stander, but same deal. one thing I do like is I can squat right down behind all controls and peak thru controls and avoid most of it.

one thing I learned early, don't just bend down and put your face over controls EVER. First day, did that, coming around a big pine and under some big branches, hit an exposed root on the other side of the branch. The front popped up just a bit, i wasn't used to controls yet and that made me jerk the machine even more. The torque on those is crazy and you can pop a wheelie with it, well I did, right in the freaking teeth. Thought I knocked them out.

So never again with the face over the controls to just "bend over" under something. I squat right down, feels better anyway.

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
How do you like the platform safety switch on your's does it get annoying? I've heard that when people hit bumps it bounces them up and kinda kills the engine due to the safety switch being on the platform

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you like the platform safety switch on your's does it get annoying? I've heard that when people hit bumps it bounces them up and kinda kills the engine due to the safety switch being on the platform