Going with the Vride 2 over the TC 2

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
different stander, but same deal. one thing I do like is I can squat right down behind all controls and peak thru controls and avoid most of it.

one thing I learned early, don't just bend down and put your face over controls EVER. First day, did that, coming around a big pine and under some big branches, hit an exposed root on the other side of the branch. The front popped up just a bit, i wasn't used to controls yet and that made me jerk the machine even more. The torque on those is crazy and you can pop a wheelie with it, well I did, right in the freaking teeth. Thought I knocked them out.

So never again with the face over the controls to just "bend over" under something. I squat right down, feels better anyway.
Ha I do the 'squat' thing too when going under super low branches. Ever take a moving dump off a stand-on? Just need a TP spool....

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
I would strongly encourage you to pick up some machines to demo and have your dad use them a lot.

I understand where he is coming from and one day you may too. I can tell you that my back sure got better when I got out of the business, and usually when it hurts now I can tie it back to rushing to get some mowing done a little too fast. The riders are rough on the back. I have a suspension seat but I bottom it once in a while, which means it's giving me the most flex it can the other 99% of the time.I

I have always thought now that if I bought a new mower it would be a stand on type or a walk behind with some stand on attachment. BUT... I have spent a little bit of time watching guys around here use stand on mowers and I really think I would also have to demo some first. The reason I say that is because I see these guys bouncing a LOT. I know some of it is the smaller tire sizes and a lot of it is absorbed with your legs and some of what I am seeing might be operator platform suspension also. But I would for real want to demo and see for myself how I feel at the end of the day.

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
I would strongly encourage you to pick up some machines to demo and have your dad use them a lot.

I understand where he is coming from and one day you may too. I can tell you that my back sure got better when I got out of the business, and usually when it hurts now I can tie it back to rushing to get some mowing done a little too fast. The riders are rough on the back. I have a suspension seat but I bottom it once in a while, which means it's giving me the most flex it can the other 99% of the time.I

I have always thought now that if I bought a new mower it would be a stand on type or a walk behind with some stand on attachment. BUT... I have spent a little bit of time watching guys around here use stand on mowers and I really think I would also have to demo some first. The reason I say that is because I see these guys bouncing a LOT. I know some of it is the smaller tire sizes and a lot of it is absorbed with your legs and some of what I am seeing might be operator platform suspension also. But I would for real want to demo and see for myself how I feel at the end of the day.
All my scag dealers and most dealers around here don't offer demo's but they do test rides. Wich is what we did and it rides very smooth. And it the tires gave very soft ride. And yes the bouncing around I could see being annoying but compared to the ride on my gravely 34 with no suspension system it's a win win.