Going with the Vride 2 over the TC 2

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
And I also forgot to mention the deck size lol. I'm going with another 48" I still would like access in some tight spaces and due to it not scalping as much. And I really like 48's too. And we don't really do stuff bigger than 1 acre as of right now anyways.

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
48" was always a nice size for me. For me it was like the smallest mower size I could use. But the nice part was there was nowhere really I couldn't mow with it. Fit anywhere and small enough it didn't scalp even rough areas. And on larger areas the productivity was not way less. Of course the wider the large area is the more loss you see to a 60" mower, a whole extra trip across every 4-5 passes, like you see a productivity gain from the 48" over the 34".

48" decks are nice and compact length wise too. So that will make a nice size for a stand on machine.

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
You got Ferris around you? If your dads really having problems with his back that could be the way to go.
I like standers other than hitting branches like mentioned. I was going full speed a couple weeks ago, hit my head on a branch and knocked me right off.

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
You got Ferris around you? If your dads really having problems with his back that could be the way to go.
I like standers other than hitting branches like mentioned. I was going full speed a couple weeks ago, hit my head on a branch and knocked me right off.
Yea we have I think one dealer that's not to helpful but I'll have to check that out

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
Man.... my favorite scag/gravely dealer is not the same since last I visited:(. One of there salesman quit the job. He was very upright, straight to the point, and a honest and helpful guy, they should have really given him a raise. It's amazing how one person working at a job could make such a big difference and effect that whole shop. :(Gonna really miss the genuineness.:cry:
He was one of the biggest reasons I went with them. The guy that's in his place is no match in comparison.:hammerhead::dizzy::(

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
Man.... my favorite scag/gravely dealer is not the same since last I visited:(. One of there salesman quit the job. He was very upright, straight to the point, and a honest and helpful guy, they should have really given him a raise. It's amazing how one person working at a job could make such a big difference and effect that whole shop. :(Gonna really miss the genuineness.:cry:
He was one of the biggest reasons I went with them. The guy that's in his place is no match in comparison.:hammerhead::dizzy::(
Might give you a reason to switch brands.....