1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Golf Gems

Discussion in 'Superintendent Forums' started by jlrvt, Oct 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jlrvt

jlrvt LawnSite Member

I just saw someone on Facebook (a friend of a friend) post that the Presidents cup should be canceled since the government has been shut down.

I know our industry has been blamed for many things over the years- we waste water, too many chemicals etc- what's the craziest one you've heard?

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

great topic Jamie...I would also love to hear some more crazy ideas, stories, etc. from around the industry

3. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do you choose to pollute the environment with your gas and oil filled machines? Why can't you just use electric!

4. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Silver Member

Most people overlook that the majority of our electricity is produced by burning coal, don't they?

This one isn't really an accusation but a funny misunderstanding. Lots of people do not understand that the hole is moved daily on golf greens. I worked with an excavating contractor once and showed him a sketch with elevations shot every 5 feet along lines from approximate center of green to beyond green banks that were shown every 15 degrees all the way around from 0 to 360. Where all the lines crossed it looked like spokes in a wheel. He said to me "That's where the hole goes, huh? We better throw a drain in there."