Lawn Care Forum banner

Gonna break world record

38K views 165 replies 63 participants last post by  GraZZmaZter 
#1 ·
First let me say that I am not in the lawn or landscape business, although I will probably be riding a lawnmower more than anyone here over the next year. You see I am going out to break the Guinness world record for the longest lawnmower ride (Currently 14,594.5 miles). My goal is to go 30,000 miles over the period of 1 year, and I am also raising funds for "The Children's Miracle Network" and "The Shriner's Children's Hospitals" It is my hope that I will meet some of you along the way as my website has a area about all the good people I meet along the way. Also would like any and all feedback and advice that I can get from people who operate lawnmowers on a daily basis. To any of you that would like to visit my website it is http://www.the1bigride.com I will be starting out in Augusta, Maine on March 12th and traveling all 48 continental states along with short excursions into both Mexico and Canada. Not much else I can say but let but let the ride begin!!!!!!!!!!

#4 ·
See its 2:30 in the morning in Hoosierville and you are on lawnsite! Way too much time on your hands.

Seriously good luck. Thank you for your efforts to do some good in the world.

I have no information to help you as I don't even own a riding mower. But I can advise you to hit PHX in Jan-March. Most other times its like driving through hell.

#8 ·
I would also invest in some flat free tires. Possibly some without so much tread or gripping ability. More like Golf cart tires.

#12 ·
is that a diesel ??
No, its Dixie's propane model. The LP3000-72 to be exact.

wizzkid316 said:
Nice copy and past job. I'll give you some credit on that.
You are very correct, although not a very good job as I am most definitely not a graphics artist. Just didn't like the background (at the factory) that my picture had so added one that was more appropriate:) Even my website isn't great as I designed it myself instead of having a professional design it (have to be able to work on it myself while on the road). Would gladly accept any suggestions that would make it a better looking site or would improve my photo skills for the Ride.

#13 ·
I would definitely change the rear tires, add a canopy, and make sure the deck is mounted and raised as high as possible. Also add some slime to the tires to avoid flats. possibly inquire about going with a taller tire to raise to mower a little higher off the ground. Suspension seat is a must have, a good chiropractor wouldn't hurt either.

I hope you have really thought this through. You should have went with a mower with a suspension system like Ferris. If it's about speed a Hustler Super Z with flex forks would have been a good choice.

How fast does this mower you have travel? Is it modified for more speed?

#14 ·
I would also get some extra front rims and tires for it. At full speed the front tires like to wobble alot on the mid mount ZRTs. How about a pit stop at Orange County CHOPPER on your way through NY. The did build a bike for Dixie chopper. You could get the discovery (TLC now) to film some of the ride or atleast your apearence at OCC.
SOUPY- that mower does have flex forks.

#19 ·
I bet Katie AC can beat you across the us with her time machine, I mean time cutter
:laugh: that thing would even make it to the end of her street.
You may want to get some head and tail lights for that Dixie.

#20 ·
I would put the smallest possible pulleys on the hydros and biggest possible pulleys on the engine - should be good for another 5mph more. Taller tires - 1-2mph more. Hustler super z - a few mph faster?

#21 ·
How fast does this mower you have travel? Is it modified for more speed?
No, it hasn't been modified, other than different tires, top speed about 18mph.
Williams LC said:
I would also get some extra front rims and tires for it. At full speed the front tires like to wobble alot on the mid mount ZRTs. How about a pit stop at Orange County CHOPPER on your way through NY. The did build a bike for Dixie chopper. You could get the discovery (TLC now) to film some of the ride or atleast your apearence at OCC.
SOUPY- that mower does have flex forks.
Dixie Chopper is providing all the maintenance including tires. And yes I hope to make a pit stop at OCC although not sure about television.
Williams LC said:
Do you have the cash to support your dream? Or is it all donations
No I don't have the cash, definitely not rich. Corporate Sponsors will be providing for needs.
RedMax Man said:
You may want to get some head and tail lights for that Dixie.
Dixie is already putting them on for me, also will have yellow strobes so I don't get run over. Now I must say sure do appreciate all the input you guys are giving, like I never thought of a suspension seat and all the other great comments you've given, thanks Travlndude----

#22 ·
Travlndude...Have you ever operated a ztr?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.