Good boots walking in grass all day?

scottslawncareav

LawnSite Member
It seems like what ever pair of boots i get they only last 6 months im so tired of spending good money on boots. Dose anyone know of a good water prof boot that lasts and is worth the money. I can go to wallmart and get boots for $25 so if i am spending $180 they better last for 4 years.

TriCountyLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have worn redwings for the last 6 years and wolverines in the winter. I like how the wolverines has a rubber toe. However no pair of boots is going to last without properly caring for them. Easy to say and hard to do I know. When I pull my boots of the last thing I want to do mess with is oiling my boots.

thelawncareguy12

LawnSite Member
It seems like what ever pair of boots i get they only last 6 months im so tired of spending good money on boots. Dose anyone know of a good water prof boot that lasts and is worth the money. I can go to wallmart and get boots for $25 so if i am spending $180 they better last for 4 years.
I stick with Danner boots. They are comfortable, good traction on bottom, gortex waterproof, and 6" high for support. They usually don't last over two years, but I wear them every single day, all day long. The price is around $160-$180.

jp@absolute

Banned
I would say go with a pair of Red Wings I have always had good luck with them, and like mention above you must take care of them. Red Wings also have a year warranty so if you have problems with them in a year chances are they will be warrantied.

93Chevy

LawnSite Fanatic
I stick with Danner boots. They are comfortable, good traction on bottom, gortex waterproof, and 6" high for support. They usually don't last over two years, but I wear them every single day, all day long. The price is around $160-$180.
I agree. Can't stress Danner enough. So comfortable...I've worn them 18 hours or longer...just change your socks every so often. I've slept in them. I've run miles with them. They'll be there. That's what I look for in a boot. More comfortable than any "tennis shoe" I've ever worn. Heck, I don't even own tennis shoes any more. I run 5-10 miles a week depending on how much I work and how much it snows and I run in Danner combat boots.

You pay for them, but dang...you literally won't want to take them off.