Good Deal or no?

Gary Ritchie

LawnSite Member
I recently purchased a 2015 Scag Tiger Cat, 61 inch Velocity + deck, 27 horse briggs and stratton engine. 160 hours, only used by homeowner. Paint had literally almost no scratches, practically brand new mower. I snagged it for 5k...good deal or no?

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm not sure with a Briggs and Stratton -- they put Briggs on Tiger Cats?

We bought a 2018 Tiger Cat II w/ 29hp EFI Kohler brand new for $8,200 out the door with a full warranty... and the dealer threw in a free Echo SRM-225 (new), an extra set of blades, and an oil change. We bought it in May or June. the dealer was trying to blow out the 2018 models. I always try to buy previous year models from the dealer. That's also how I got my Cheetah.

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm not sure with a Briggs and Stratton -- they put Briggs on Tiger Cats?

We bought a 2018 Tiger Cat II w/ 29hp EFI Kohler brand new for $8,200 out the door with a full warranty... and the dealer threw in a free Echo SRM-225 (new), an extra set of blades, and an oil change. We bought it in May or June. the dealer was trying to blow out the 2018 models. I always try to buy previous year models from the dealer. That's also how I got my Cheetah.
That's a really good deal that you got there. I searched high and low last year for a Tiger Cat 2 (I did buy one) but couldn't find any prices that low and I shopped about 3 different states. I think the OP got an ok deal, but you got a smokin deal.

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
That's a really good deal that you got there. I searched high and low last year for a Tiger Cat 2 (I did buy one) but couldn't find any prices that low and I shopped about 3 different states. I think the OP got an ok deal, but you got a smokin deal.
You have to remember it was a 2018 model still on the sales floor this past May/June 2019. He likes to have them all cleared out by October or November of the same year for new inventory. so he'll have a sale on his 2019 models starting in September or October. I also had to travel 3.5 hours one way to Kentucky to get pick it up.

But yeah, he's amazing. He sold me a Cheetah for $9,700 out the door with a bunch of extras, like blades, oil change stuff.

Traded mowers this year.
Bought 2 Deere 661 Standers 61" Deck. 8k flat sug retail like 10,200
Also Bought 5 930R's with 60" decks, 10,200 flat. sug retail 15ish
Fleet Program with Deere and different dealer recruiting my business.