Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used Exmark 72" 311 hours 27 hp Diesel engine. $6800.00 Looks ok. Obviously it has been used and there is some wear and tear. The model is LZ27DD724 - can anyone tell me anything about this and if it is a good deal?

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is actually at a car dealership. I have known the owner for over 10 years but dont see or talk to him that often. Apparently someone in his family bought it and used it, then he went and bought some huge Kubota and when the family member who owned this one cut with the Kubota - they put this one up for sale and went and bought a new Kubota. Needless to say they have more cash flow than I do! But this may just be the mower for me. I just wanted opinions on this as I would be mowing about 5 acres with it - mostly bahaia.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I test drove it today. It was awesome. It cut great and sounds great. I don't know much about diesels but this is a two year old model. Everything looks good. Anything that I should be looking for specifically?

· Registered
2,319 Posts
I've heard about the Diahutsu Diesels having some problems. Exmark stopped using that engine, maybe that's why. I'd call some dealers and Exmark for more info.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to my local dealer and he asked me to get the serial number and he said he would look up to see if it had any service problems. And it turns out it is not 2 years old - the lady bought it at another local dealer in March of 2004. So it is at least 4 years old (probably 5 from date of manufacture). Anyway I went back and told the sales man about it and told him that I felt if they lied about that then maybe they are lying about it being a good mower. The dealer also did not find any info about any service by a Exmark dealer during it s life. So I wonder if they just ran it in the ground and are dumping it.

Thank you for the information about the diesel engines!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.