good electric hedge trimmers

mgoldman

LawnSite Member
Looking for advice on decent 'lectric trimmers. Decent being light, good battery life, power. Hurt my lower back several weeks ago, nursed it back, and stupidly went ahead and solo'd a hedge. Back to square one. My wife has a lil black n decker trimmer. Its 20 volt battery and not real powerful, but it's soooo light. Anyways, any real world experienced suggestions? Thanks all!

Brucey

LawnSite Senior Member
I recently purchased a Stihl HSA66 hedge trimmer with an AP100 battery. That's good for an hour of actual cutting time. Very light and allows me to reach over and trim/sculpt the back side of bushes in a way I simply couldn't with a heavier gas model.

I have the 135 degree adjustable angle hedge trimmer/CF extension for my Kombi powerheads for the tall/rough stuff, but love the HSA66 for the more delicate work. Will cut thru anything that can fit between the teeth.

Wye Oak Tree

LawnSite Fanatic
Second vote for the Stihl HSA 66 battery trimmer.
I've had mine over a year and no issues.

10.6 lbs with the larger AP300 battery. Even lighter with the AP100 battery.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Save your $$$. The teeth on batt hedgers run slower to conserve battery power on every batt hedger I’ve used; Ego, Stihl, Echo.

Gas just cut faster. Time is $$$.

Brucey

LawnSite Senior Member
Second vote for the Stihl HSA 66 battery trimmer.
I've had mine over a year and no issues.

10.6 lbs with the larger AP300 battery. Even lighter with the AP100 battery.
Yeah, looked at the AP300, but in this case I wanted minimal weight and the AP300 is 2 pounds heavier. The bigger battery should be good for about 3 hours though.

OP
mgoldman

mgoldman

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the input. I'm all bout time is money, TurfTracer, but w my back hurtin' I'll avoid downtime and do a slower job for the time being. Hey, Weeze, how long does the charge last on the Craftsman? I'll check out the Stihl at my dealer. Thanks again everyone.