Good employee pay???

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by vanncann, Dec 10, 2015.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Laborer with no wheels and no experience gets $12

Apprentice gets $15 and a company truck.

Service tech gets $23.50 a paid vaca and a company truck.

2. LunaLanscaping

LunaLanscaping LawnSite Member

I started off at 15 hour working for my father, that was with no drivers license and off the books.
    I dont think i meet anyone making more then 15 hour, not even as crew leaders.

This is on the sudbury mass area.

3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

yea, but that's working for dad so....

I Paid 15/hr to solo operators in 2001-2003 (Connecticut)
    They some times "overlapped" routes for bigger things like sports complexes.

They had a route, they got paid 40/hrs a week regardless of how fast they finished the route... as long as it was done and no call backs... a typical season route was 32-35 hours (40+ in wet spring/fall)
    So if they did what they were supposed to, they only worked 4 days a week and got paid 40 hrs.

I paid OT if they went over.
    Some times Id give bonuses AS OT that wasn't worked. (Ie they only works 35 hours but I threw in 6 OT as a bonus)

That was over a decade ago in the NE... I know for a fact guys are pulling 17/18 per hour in that area now.

FromUndaChz likes this.
  4. LunaLanscaping

LunaLanscaping LawnSite Member

Yeah, i did work for my dad, but if i can find someone even close to reliable as i was, i would pay those 17/18 hour, even for someone that would just do a decent job with the blowers and knows how to mow a lawn. It's really hard finding workers these days, my dad and uncle had MANY problems finding people that do decent work.

That why i bought a hurricane x3, it does the same work as a another person without giving out a paycheck. I rather invest in better equipment then hire a lazy worker. Once i can't upgrade more, i'll have to start looking for someone reliable..

5. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Lol dammit, I started off working for my father for $5 an hour.

6. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Do you do irrigation or spray? Just Mowing would be tough, but That sounds sweet, hope it pays you back well from good workers!!! Keep it coming guys I need to get a good guy and get out of the truck, but That's another thread!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Just irrigation

8. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Nice, much respect to you and your company. Hope to be there one day
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

basic guy get $10 and hour after tax and manager, foreman, crew leader, and techs get $15 hour and for plowing driver gets $10 - $20 per drive way and shoveler gets same hourly pay as usual the driver usually makes quite a bit more money in a few hours compared to the other seasons

10. iand

iand LawnSite Bronze Member

Where I'm from weaties is spelled correctly and spelled is spelt incorrectly :laugh: but either way i wouldn't want you pi$$ing in my breakfast cereal :laugh: