1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good price for 4 yards of mulch put out?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by boxoffire, Mar 12, 2006.

1. boxoffire

boxoffire LawnSite Member

What's a fair price to put out 4 yards of the red colored wood chips mulch around the parameter of this house and getting it for $25/yard to be delivered by my trailer in 1 or 2 loads 7 miles from the jobsite? Can back into his driveway and shovel into wheelbarrel to distribute. Thanks for suggestions.

Adam

2. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

85.00 to 90.00 per yard

3. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Yup.........

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I'd charge around $300 for the job.

5. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Why charge 300.00 when your paying 25.00 per yrd you need to make money too

6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Some questions are better left unanswered...if you're not at the level to bid a mulch job (only math) then you may want to study your trade a tad, but here in Ohio mulch sells at $23 and is installed at $85 yd. Please refrain from posts that make you look inexperienced. This is not a "lawn care for dummies" site. If you want one of those try Gopher.com.

7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

JPocket has to be the guy paying $7 an hour to his guys or he'd go broke!!!!

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I'd charge $360 for the job. an extra $100 if they want fabric, mainly because I hate using fabric, and it doesnt help any, so if im going to do it, im going to make it worth my while. I charge $25 extra per yard if I use fabric.

BTW: you can fit all 4 yards in a 6ft pickup bed. I've made 5YD fit in mine before. Just build some sides.

9. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

YOU DONT HAVE TO INSULT THE GUY HE JUST ASKED A QUESTION ,IF YOU GOT SOMETHING TO HELP THE GUY OUT DO IT BUT THIS KIND OF RESPONCE IS FOR THE BIRDS.:usflag:

10. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

ADAM I WOULD TELL YOU TO GET SOME SAMPLES OF THE PRODUCTS AND SHOW THE HOMEOWNER BEING ITS ONLY 4 YDS IT SHOULD BE PRETTY EASY TO DO .FOR 06 I WANT TO GET $75 TO $90 PER YARD INSTALLED SO GO WITH THAT AND BID ANYWHERE FROM $300 TO $360 GOOD LUCK AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION..:weightlifter: :drinkup: