1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Good price on Hustler Mini Z??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Cut-Rite2, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Cut-Rite2

Cut-Rite2 LawnSite Member

I was using a John Deere L120 lawn tractor to do my mowing up until last Wednesday. The mower deck got badly damaged from an idler pulley losing a bearing and cutting off the top of the spindle. While I was out of action Thursday and Friday, I decided to look into a commerical mower. I found a dealer for Exmark and Hustler, looked at the Hustler Mini Z with 52" Deck, 23 HP Kawasaki engine and loved it. I paid $5995 for it, financed at 3.9% interest for 3 years and I'm wondering if this was a good deal. Anyone recently purchased that model, and how do you like it....how much did you pay? By the way, I wish I had gotten it 3 months ago when I started....what a world of difference. The thing runs like a raped ape, turns on a dime, and you can steer it with your fingertips. The difference between the "Z" and the John Deere is like the difference between a new Lincoln and a WWII Tank. What a machine! In addition, it's almost fun cutting lawns with it.

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a pretty good price. I looked in the hustler forum and I think the msrp is 8099 or something like that.

What are the payments on it, if you don't mind me asking? And how about some pics :D

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a good price. I think I paid around $6200 2 years ago for my Super Mini Z. Dealers knock off 15 - 20% off MSRP.

4. Cut-Rite2

Retail on the Mini Z is $8099. Hustler is having specials on all their stuff for the summer. Payments for 36 months at 3.9% interest (you need good credit for this rate) are $193 per month. This includes 0 down, sales tax and a retractable mulch gate for the discharge chute. The total came to around $6500 plus interest. I will post a pic as soon as I can take one.

5. Cut-Rite2

Here's a pic of my new Z and the 2 other toys I got this week....Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab and larger trailer.

truck-&-Z.jpg