Good riddance

bobcat_ron

LawnSite Fanatic
For those of you that have seen the pics and past video's you'll recognize some of it this in this video, for the newbies that aren't familar with me, just read the information below the video.

Farewell, Goodbye and Good Riddance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLN8Z-L5Pf8

I thought this would be a fitting video to end my year with.
And I hope y'all love GNR.

And on edit, DON'T feel sorry for me, I am financially FREE and vindicated.

YellowDogSVC

LawnSite Gold Member
Wow Ron... you did it.. you pulled the plug. I will miss your stories and your vids but I understand... Sometimes I look at all my little kitties and think about why I got into the biz in the first place.. to build my ranch with my own equipment.. and I got hooked... Now I don't have as much freedom as I once did... But, ranch ain't done yet so I will have to stick it out a little longer. :)
Business isn't too bad down here. Staying about as busy as I want but margins are tighter with every out of work guy lowballing.. and the customer not knowing the difference between fly-by-night and established, competent biz.
So I know what you went through..

Good luck on your next endeavor...

Yellow Dog

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
glad I have a Taki! So are you done with equipment ownership and going to rent or done with the work all together?

And I thought you sold your stuff a while back and started working for your brothers excavation biz?

OP
bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron

LawnSite Fanatic
I still work for my brother and he has taken over the reigns, some of which I have posted pics of, but no more owning for me.
I regret having my own business, but I regret nothing of which direction and the choices I had to make.
But god damn it, that Takeuchi still gives me wet dreams.
Posted via Mobile Device

stuvecorp

LawnSite Fanatic
Happy for you Ron and have fun with Rubi! That was a nice YouTube although, did you stick some Chinese Democracy on us? :confused: :laugh: Hope the new year goes well. :drinkup:

Honestly, I wish I could sell all my stuff also and walk away. I'm really starting to hate this but am stuck.

AWJ Services

LawnSite Platinum Member
Nice video.

I am just a few payments away to being debt free and owning everything.
I am also fed up with lowballers and driving every where for work.

I am thinking I might need a change as well.LOL

So wheres the pics and video of the jeep!

OP
bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron

LawnSite Fanatic
Nice video.

I am just a few payments away to being debt free and owning everything.
I am also fed up with lowballers and driving every where for work.

I am thinking I might need a change as well.LOL

So wheres the pics and video of the jeep!
A bigger problem that is coming into effect on Jan 1st is a surcharge for older equipment in Metro Vancouver, they have to pay a $4 per horsepower for engines below the TIER 3 regs, and that cost will rise, just another way to line the pockets of those greedy a$$holes. I expect it will come our way too, same with the tree cutting bylaw.
I'll have to post a few pics of the Rubi later on, she's got some goodies.
Posted via Mobile Device