Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Ryobi 3600 psi 2.5 gpm pressure washer off a pallet for dirt cheap. It looks and runs like it’s new I don’t know why it was on the pallet, but it’s in great condition. I figured I may as will add it to my equipment so I was trying to figure out what a good surface cleaner would be to get. I want to spend around $150-$200 on a new surface cleaner, but I don’t know which one will be the best one to get in that range

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Just get the ryobi 15+/- inch one made for that unit
This is more to the OP but your quote comes in handy...

Because that's what I bought, they're only like 60 dollars.
Can't give a direct link but I bought the "ryobi ry31sc01" off Ebay.

Mine's a Ridgid 2.8gpm unit, does good for personal use.
I don't think it's cut out for doing it for profit, from what I'm reading we'd need something more along the lines of 4gpm. Just throwing that out there, have had mine for a couple of years, the surface cleaner is a definite time saver...

I would get one of those 5-in-1 nozzles for it too.

Reactions: StuartR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is more to the OP but your quote comes in handy...

Because that's what I bought, they're only like 60 dollars.
Can't give a direct link but I bought the "ryobi ry31sc01" off Ebay.

Mine's a Ridgid 2.8gpm unit, does good for personal use.
I don't think it's cut out for doing it for profit, from what I'm reading we'd need something more along the lines of 4gpm. Just throwing that out there, have had mine for a couple of years, the surface cleaner is a definite time saver...

I would get one of those 5-in-1 nozzles for it too.
It says commercial grade on the washer, but I don't know how true that is. I think you're right though, I don't plan on using it full time for stuff, just to have around incase I can get a job with it here and there

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
It says commercial grade on the washer, but I don't know how true that is. I think you're right though, I don't plan on using it full time for stuff, just to have around incase I can get a job with it here and there
It's definitely not commercial grade. Good rule of thumb is 4" of surface cleaner per gpm of your machine. GPM is where the magic is, not psi.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I won't deny if I get someone asking me if I can, I most certainly will not turn down the work LOL

I did clean my dad's sidewalk with my 2.3 gpm Ryobi and just the wand and a 25 degree nozzle.
Took 45 minutes, there were 12 cement squares about 4x4 so I figured 96 square feet, we agreed on $90... And he gave me the 2.8gpm Ridgid in exchange, I was like WOW! :oops::love:
Which is how I got into buying a surface cleaner...
The surface cleaner is much quicker, anywhere from 2-4 times faster.
I love cleaning my aluminum trailer with it, it's so much faster than just with the wand.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
It says commercial grade on the washer, but I don't know how true that is.
It's totally true, but remember what you call commercial grade,what I call commercial grade and what they call commercial grade are probably totally different things, pretty sure commercial grade is a marketing term not a technical term

1 - 7 of 7 Posts