Lawn Care Forum banner

Good year to be into firewood??

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  plowking15 
#1 ·
Seems the cold weather will be here soon enough! Oil prices are rocketing! I see alot of folks here in New England stocking up on firewood. Last year the prices were around 250-300 a cord. I bet it will be higher this year. Everybody seems to say there is no $$$ in firewood, but at what price per cord does is become worth it?

#2 ·
I've been thinking the same thing as you have that with oil prices being so high that there will be a big demand for firewood this winter. I've been thinking about not selling my 2000 F-450 flatbed now, I may be able to use it for hauling firewood later this year.

#5 ·
you dont wanna be in firewood here you cant haul it between countys black ash beetles make it like 4k fine no thanks
The samething in NH. There is no law but the forestry service discourages people from transporting firewood to other areas because of bugs in wood. The tourists in winter might bring up wood to their camps to burn. I see a lot of wood advertised on craigslist. plowking 15

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.