• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

good zero turn mower suggestions

Surferbum21

LawnSite Senior Member
I am in the market for a 48 to 52 inch zero turn rider. Any suggestions? The mower shop I go to has 'em for around $5-6k. I would really like to try something used but haven't had any luck. I am in the SW OKC area and am willing to drive oh about 200 miles if the price is right. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Allens LawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Demo some stuff...I love my Exmarks great with the ultra vac....no pony motor to maintain.... but it all depends on what your local dealer has to offer...remember take care of the middle man and he'll take care of you when you need it!!

MTR999

LawnSite Member
I am in the market for a 48 to 52 inch zero turn rider. Any suggestions? The mower shop I go to has 'em for around $5-6k. I would really like to try something used but haven't had any luck. I am in the SW OKC area and am willing to drive oh about 200 miles if the price is right. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
It is rare to get a 48" or 52" new under 6k. If you found used one with low hr, I think you might get better deal.

fiveoboy01

LawnSite Silver Member
The Z2, not only is it the cheapest but it is also made the best! It defies physics and economics at the same time!
Sarcasm duly noted. Why must you interject your stupidity into posts and lower everyone's IQ in the process? We know what you think of Cub/Lesco, so stuff it...

Back to the OP's question, like was said, you'll have a hard time finding a 4-6K machine new in that size, if you're talking a full-on commercial machine.

Semi-commercial models like Scag's Freedom Z would be in your price range, but won't hold up in the long run like a dedicated commercial mower.

What mowers does your dealer have for that price in those size ranges?

And yes, you can get a ZTwo for around that price, and it's not a bad mower at all.