Goodbye Stihl, Hello Maruyama!

stihlfan05

LawnSite Bronze Member
most crews that work for big landscaping business around here run echo 2620T and 3020T. Some of them are stihl 4 mix. However if asking me which brand of weedeater that been in lawn shop the most around here are Stihl 80% are 4 mix especially newer 4 mix… echo 20% just residential like 225…. Stihl required more services/ high maintenance, I can fix Stihl just don’t have time…
The newer Stihls in general seem to be more problematic. I hear of more issues on here and other forums about 91s and 94s and barely any on the old fs80s and fs85s

The don

LawnSite Member
The newer Stihls in general seem to be more problematic. I hear of more issues on here and other forums about 91s and 94s and barely any on the old fs80s and fs85s
Those fs80 and the 75s for the edger or lets just say the pro series engines were die hard and one of the best lines to ever hit the landscaping industry. I haven't used the 94s enough to make a definitive opinion.

The don

LawnSite Member
Im doing alright with my shindy set up

Attachments

• IMG_20210728_073306075_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210728_073306075_HDR.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 63

stihlfan05

LawnSite Bronze Member

stihlfan05

LawnSite Bronze Member
Those fs80 and the 75s for the edger or lets just say the pro series engines were die hard and one of the best lines to ever hit the landscaping industry. I haven't used the 94s enough to make a definitive opinion.
I know that if I can find one, I’ll be picking it up in a heartbeat

dKoester

LawnSite Gold Member
On some Stihl carbs, the screen can get gelled and needs to be scraped off.

Dawson

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm a fan of the shindaiwa 262 (echo 2620) engine. One benefit for me is my edger, string trimmer, polesaw and long reach hedge trimmers all run the same engine so if one dies on me I can easily swap engines and keep going so no stressing waiting for parts to arrive. I have had to do that once in three years which is why my echo power pruners currently have a shindaiwa 262 engine on themThumbs Up

Only real problem Ive had with the 262 engine is the coil seems to go out more often than equipment I have had in the past. They are less cold natured than a lot of the stuff out there these days too and always start quick and easy for me.

stihlfan05

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm a fan of the shindaiwa 262 (echo 2620) engine. One benefit for me is my edger, string trimmer, polesaw and long reach hedge trimmers all run the same engine so if one dies on me I can easily swap engines and keep going so no stressing waiting for parts to arrive. I have had to do that once in three years which is why my echo power pruners currently have a shindaiwa 262 engine on themThumbs Up

Only real problem Ive had with the 262 engine is the coil seems to go out more often than equipment I have had in the past. They are less cold natured than a lot of the stuff out there these days too and always start quick and easy for me.
I’ve got a 2620 hedge trimmer and I love the engine on it. I notice it warms up a little faster than my 4mix engine and it starts almost as easy

Top Forums