Got a few questions...

tbone3

LawnSite Member
Hey Guys,
I got a few questions, When do you guys start passing out your door hangers or flyers? When do you make your first cut in the spring on the customers lawn? When the proper time to mulch flower beds? When do you start spring clean up? What does spring clean up consist of? Sorry for tons of questions, I'm trying to gain more information to make my business better.

Thank you,
Tom

roeslandscaping

LawnSite Member
Depends where your at for someone to accurately answer this question, im in Bristol Va,Tn. We pass our door hangers our mid march, and start mowing at the end of march, (usually).I would mulch flowerbeds before or when you start mowing, however, it really doesnt matter when it is done, you can do it throughout the year. As for the spring cleanups, we go in and pick up what leaves and branches are left from the winter, dethatch, plug and fertilize lawns. If the lawn is in need of a re-seed, i would subsitiute the fertilizer out for seed, then about 3 weeks later, fertilize. We also clean all dead plants a few weeks into spring, and take the time to edge all flower beds and walkways, it makes it easier to do throughout the year.

OP
T

tbone3

LawnSite Member
I keep on forgetting to add where I'm located... Im in New Jersey, Sussex County to be exact.

Tom

OP
T

tbone3

LawnSite Member
When do you start mowing usually?

Tom

martinlawn29

LawnSite Member
claenups: clean out all beds mow and vac lawns trim some plants down or back.
if doing mulch at these cleanups you can prep beds for mulch.

first mow: keep an eye on your lawns as you are doing cleanups you will see it start to come out of dorment turn green.

do not mow it to soon or to short.

we send out bids starting mid Feb

Greenery

LawnSite Senior Member
Those are some pretty basic questions you have.

I wonder if they have been asked before?

Hmm, maybe I'll run a search.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
Those are some pretty basic questions you have.

I wonder if they have been asked before?

Hmm, maybe I'll run a search.
Posted via Mobile Device
No don't do it, you might find the answer!
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
T

tbone3

LawnSite Member
I found the answers to all the questions but they were in florida, NC, SC, Illinois ETC. No one was in NJ or surrounding. Sorry for not explaining my question clearly.

Tom