Got a job offer

Kbota

LawnSite Member
Potential customer has 5 acres. He has offered me $250 per mowing. It's mostly flat, but has large ditches. Not a bad slope, but wet. There's also a pond that needs weed eating. Lots of trees, and shrubs to trim around. No sidewalks to trim.

I know there's a ton of variables, but does this sound reasonable? I can see spending a full day here. Just looking for input.

K

RedSox4Life

LawnSite Bronze Member
I wouldn't.

250 for 8 man hours is very low.
And
I wouldn't let a customer tell me how much he's going to pay. It's my job to set the rate...he can accept it or he can't.

Ditta&Sons

LawnSite Bronze Member
I wouldn't.

250 for 8 man hours is very low.
And
I wouldn't let a customer tell me how much he's going to pay. It's my job to set the rate...he can accept it or he can't.

hes right, i have no idea how long 5 acres would take me even with a brand new 60"
ask for 300

I was hungry for the 250 weekly work. i would really consider it

slowleak1

LawnSite Senior Member
a little under $30 an hour if it takes you 8 hours to cut....I would jump on it if you need the money and have idle time. Cut that time in half and you are up to almost 60 an hour. You have the potential to make 500 to a thousnd a month off of one property. For 4ish days worth of work. Sounds like the perfect account for a new guy.

KS_Grasscutter

LawnSite Gold Member
Go for it if you've got a 60" or larger zero turn. Less than that I'd be hesitant.

White Gardens

LawnSite Fanatic
$250.00 isn't bad really. Guys are pushing it down to 20-25 and acre now around us and it kills us when we push for 60.00/acre.

But, I would definitively look it over good first to make sure $350.00 isn't a better price due to exponential weed eating and PITA stuff.

Top Forums