• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Got bored today so I did a little welding.

WHIPPLE5.7

LawnSite Senior Member
This is one of older trailers I don't use much so figured I'd play around. It never had a ramp/gate before so I built one, then when I realized how heavy it was I used some Homedepot garage door springs that were $20 and some old pipe to make a gate assist. Seemed to work pretty good.

008.jpg

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
looks likeyo uran out of materials there, that edge of expanded metal is bad exposed like that

BTM Lawn Maintenance L.L.C

LawnSite Senior Member
also tuck the springs inside the tubes so you can see them...

OP
WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7

LawnSite Senior Member
Ok I'll offer up explanations since there is so many critics. As far as "looking sketchy", I'm not exactly taking it to the SEMA show. Since The expanded material is only coming up short by about 5 inches on each side plus I'm going throw another reinforcement bar on each end even though its already stable enough to load any of my equipment. It has 3 pieces of reinforcement and I lined the outer ones up with my wheel width so it doesn't mash the mesh. Yes the springs retract in when the gate is up. It was just something I whipped together since I was bored. I wasn't looking to run all over the place buying steel trying to make it look perfect. I used what I already had at home with the exception of the garage door springs. Its an older trailer that gets minimal usage and i was just looking to make it a little more user friendly but not break the bank doing it.

John Deere Mann

LawnSite Member
oh boy oh oh boy!