1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Got harrassed today by neighbor of lawn I applied to.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Sep 28, 2019.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

After 10+ years in the biz, this was the worst thing I have encountered out in the field. Got done applying 4Score and Fert to my customers lawn, just a beautiful day, 5-10 mph wind (ideal), no rain, grass green....ya know, go time. Neighbor guy approaches me as I am just loading my machine back up. Says what is that you are putting on that lawn. I tell him the herb name. He says "its burning the hell out of my eyes" and "you need a permit to apply stuff like that". I proceed to advise him of my state licensing and applying by the label instructions, and that the wind, at the time, was well within spec. He says "lets see your insurance". I ignored that...not showing him any insurance when I did nothing wrong at all. He takes pics of my spray trailer. Then says the wind speed is XXX according to his phone (which was STILL within spec of the herbicide), and I advise I have a wind speed tool in my truck. He says "bring it here, lets see it". At that point, I just want to get the heck out of there, so got in my truck and drove off.

The guy was harrassing me and was super belittling of anything I said. It was bad. I felt staying there and feeding him facts was falling on deaf ears so I left quickly.
    Soured a good day of work......

zlandman and ltdlawn like this.
  2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I would have done the same thing. Maybe laughed a little first.

kemco, Ma&Pa and Andrew H like this.
  3. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

That's when I'd say, "You need to stop wasting precious seconds out here with me and go inside immediately and quickly flush your eyeballs with a gentle stream of water for at least 15 minutes before you go blind!" :cool:

4. OZcut

OZcut LawnSite Member

I would have said.."do i need to call the police,stop harassing me and leave".

5. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Ya know, with every 6 step app program I sell, I give them a free annoying neighbor application. They get the free application, the neighbor gets 10 seconds before I apply it.

6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

He’s not an inspector
    You don’t have to comply with anything he says
    If it was bad enough you could hand just called the cops
    You’ve got questions buddy? There’s the posted sign
    Problems with your eyes go see a doctor
    Want to know more? Call the state dec

Chilehead and kemco like this.
  7. walkinonwater27

walkinonwater27 LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy. I have one neighbor I deal with every time I show up to the customers house. The lawn is only 8k so i spray the weeds with a handcan, sometimes I use less than a ounce of pesticide. She always comes over, what are you spraying ! It stinks, I have a well on my property now I have to buy bottles water and can’t drink my well water! Same schpeal every time. She doesn’t harass me but says that every time I go there.

zlandman, Ma&Pa and hort101 like this.
  8. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Post of the Week

9. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I do a car lot and theres a organic farm across the street she will come over yelling at me. the funny part is you will see new black plastic down but never any plants. Well at least you can do yours its so dry here we are shut down with 89 yards to do on rd 3

zlandman, sjessen and hort101 like this.
  10. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Come to think of it the police were there when i left the last time,I wonder if she called them on me

sjessen likes this.