1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Got harrassed today by neighbor of lawn I applied to.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Sep 28, 2019.

1. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I guess kinda a neighbor story. I'm currently in the LA area, the land of all that is green and where RU will give you cancer. I find it hilarious that along the highway there is an obvious strip of brown to keep the vegetation at Bay. I mean CalTrans is paying good money to water this stuff then spraying it with RU to keep it killed back.

RussellB likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Would loved to have used this schpiel

3. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, but no.

I mean it's a carbon containing compound so technically it's organic. It's a synthetic organic compound though, so it's not certifiably organic.

Are we clear?

:drinkup:

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Bah!
    Why give people like that encouragement
    If he finds that on his own fine... otherwise pound sand

guy probably has a straight piped 392 in his garage so he can wake the neighbors on the way to work and smog out the bicyclists and pedestrians at stop lights.

people like that are always under informed and loaded with irony in their own lives.

Ma&Pa likes this.
  5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

y
    yes we are

6. Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass LawnSite Member

Your not obligated to even talk to him. If your licensed and within reg, your fine.
    If his body cant tolerate it, thats his problem. The world doesnt adapt to his needs. We adapt to the world around us. So, with that said, He needs a bubble suite..

kemco and Ma&Pa like this.
  7. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

Pesticide Label is the law!

Tell him that you'll mail him copies of the Labels of the products that you just applied, and leave it at that! Thumbs Up;)

8. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I dont know but you have to deal with this person every time you come to do that lawn. let them know when your coming so they can leave try to find a product that has low smell. That was the good thing about impreslis no smell

9. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

If this is the 1st time that you've is kind of verbal altercation with a nutty neighbor AFTER 10+ YEARS of doing this, I'd say that you're damn fortunate that you made it anywhere near that long!I I seem to have my wacky neighbor interaction about once every season.

As walkonwater27 and CHARLES CUE both said, they have to deal with that annoying "What are you spraying?!?" neighbor every time they treat their customer next door!

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

You had best be informed about the products you use.
    You could point out that the product has been used safely for many years.
    Mention that the product has been thoroughly tested with years of mouse, rat, rabbit and bird tests. And that the Environmental Protection Agency has approved it for this use. And found that it is safe if used according to label directions. He can file a complaint with the Federal EPA if he wishes.
    All weed control products are tested for toxicity to eyes, including direct application to eyes of experimental laboratory rabbits. Point out that you are exposed to a hundred times more than him--every day--and that your eyes feel fine.
    Point out that Ortho uses the same chemicals. And likewise, Scotts weed and feed.
    And no other customer or neighbor has had any eye-burning.
    Mention that he should see a doctor, and that hay fever and pollen are at high levels in late summer. Thousands of people around town have eye irritation due to reactions to pollen in the air.

zlandman, Ma&Pa and Landgreen like this.