1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Got harrassed today by neighbor of lawn I applied to.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Sep 28, 2019.

1. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

I have learned and it is honestly very difficult for me to do but in situations similar to this kindly smile and say nothing I mean nothing the silent treatment... The thing that any attorney that might ever represent you wants you to do whether you are as innocent as a newborn or as guilty as Manson... Say absolutely nothing. And go on about your biz.

hal likes this.
  2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

This is true. But......

Technically Manson never killed anyone. Infact he wasn't even at the scene of the crimes.

3. Yatt

Yatt LawnSite Senior Member

Can't agree more.

As the comedian Ron White said, "I had the right to remain silent, but did not have the willpower to use it."

sjessen and hort101 like this.
  4. 1337david

1337david LawnSite Member

Keep in mind with the wrong nozzle and PSI 10 mph wind can still have major drift potential so be careful.

hort101 likes this.
  5. kinneberg lawn service

kinneberg lawn service LawnSite Member

I have had similar experiences, most memorable was when I was told I was poisoning the earth, funny thing was I was using an organic fertilizer at the time.

rlitman and zlandman like this.
  6. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I did a blanket app couple months ago, neighbor comes out with garden hose and immediately starts watering down the area before I even load up. I took one look at him, went about my business, loaded up, drove off. Not one word said. Reapplied another day.

7. OP
    OP
    DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Quite comfortable at the 7mph I was spraying in, with my GL ride on at about 13" from the ground. VC droplets. There was no drift.

That Guy Gary and hort101 like this.
  8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

Do I understand this right, the neighbor watered down the yard you did which was not his?

9. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

He wanted to make sure that whatever was put down would immediately run into the local aquifer and/or waterway.

kemco, zlandman and hort101 like this.
  10. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Yep. Bizarre. The guy washed the product right off his neighbors yard! It's a side yard not really adjacent to my customers house but definitely my customers property, I mow it also. He was real casual about it too.
    I kind of had this twilight zone feeling driving off lol.

hort101 and That Guy Gary like this.