1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Got leaves?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by JFGLN, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Joana Williams

Joana Williams LawnSite Member

We shoot for $1,000.00 days as well.

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Is that a $1000/day solo or with employees? If solo,, that is great $ for sure.

My ceiling is about $700 and that would be starting early under ideal conditions and working until almost dark.

Cam15 and Joana Williams like this.
  3. Joana Williams

Joana Williams LawnSite Member

No, we are two owner/operators with full time jobs currently. Strategically positioning ourselves to make the full time step.

sjessen likes this.
  4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Thumbs Up

Cam15 likes this.
  5. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Bronze Member

How much equipment did you have on the job? And if you’re already making more than $30 an hour after taxes plus benefits then why are you out blowing leafs?

6. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Silver Member

dump insert, half ton, leaf plow, 16hp loader, 13hp SP wheeled blower BR600. I gross $100-165ph doing leaves.....

sjessen likes this.
  7. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Bronze Member

That’s more than I was expecting when you said just starting out. I was thinking more along the lines of a blower and tarps and maybe a mower. $30 an hour definitely isn’t enough for that much.

Cam15 likes this.
  8. caseysmowing

Yes I started off bigger than most. I knew going into it that time would be tight so I bought time saving equipment right out the gate. I still operate the same today 8 years later.

Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  9. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

I target 40pmh, but will confess, depending on the client, I sometimes will (or have to) "blur the lines" a little.

Cam15 likes this.
  10. caseysmowing

It works good for me because they aren’t trying to be efficient since it’s by the hour and clients don’t know any better. I’ve never seen another leaf plow or stand on blower in my area besides mine. I might of had the first stander mower lol.