1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Got leaves?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by JFGLN, Nov 23, 2019.

1. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Silver Member

My thinking is leaf cleanup should be more per man hour. My target is $70-100 per man hour. Some are as low as $50 hr but I’m not happy about it.
    U spent $thousands on leaf removal equipment to move faster - not to charge less. Ntm the lower ROI since you only use certain equipment for a month or so out of the year.

Cam15, hort101 and MowDaddy like this.
  2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Are all of your cleanups based on bids? My clients don't ask for prices first, at least not after a couple of years.

3. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Silver Member

90% of my cleanups are regular customers so they have an idea of what it’s gonna be and don’t really question it. New bids I tend to price on the high end . Some of my regulars I know are penny pinchers or broke so I take it easy on them. I’ve gotten pretty good at estimating so I don’t mind giving a price ahead of time. If I’m unsure I give a ballpark. Just did a huge one I bidded at $750-850 ... I charged $775. Came out around $90-100per man hour so no need to go the full $850. Fair on both ends.

hort101 and sjessen like this.