1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Got my new trailer today!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by sodgod, Mar 29, 2005.

1. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

Just got home from picking up a nice used 12' trailer! I love it. I'm gunna need new tires for it but other than that its great! now all i need is the grass to start growing and equipment on it. :rolleyes:

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Any pictures of it?

3. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

I just picked up a new trailer tonight. Well new to me anyway. paid 1,000 for it. and it included the mower. (pos i may add) i'll get rid of it soon.

trailer.JPG

4. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

does anyone know where the best place to buy tires is? It needs two new tires. 205/75D 15"

5. bhoffman

bhoffman LawnSite Member

Either Farm and Fleet or you can try Tractor Supply. They are usually about $75 each and they include the rim and the tire. That way you can use one of the old wheels as a spare if you don't have one. I had to do the same thing last year.

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Hope your not putting all of you quipment listed on the trailer, I bought a 7x12 last season and I wished I bought at least a 16' I have absolutly no room left. Seems a little pricy for me, I paid 1060.00 out the door for my 7x12 w/tax and title, brand new.

7. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

Ya it may be a little pricey. But the steel prices have gone up so much. I called atleast 6 places and there 6x12 are all in the ball park of $1,400. And to top it all off, i was driving down the road today in town and saw a 14' with a box on front in great shape for $800!!!! :angry: :angry: :realmad: i guess theres just no winning around here! it always seems to end up that way but 24 hours later?! thats a little annoying. Not everything will go on there at once. But i agree a bigger one would be nice, but this will work just fine for now atleast.

8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I hear ya sod, I have a great idea for open trailers if you were planning on putting a box on the front, and if you have to leave your equipment outside for any length of time. E mail me if interested. :waving:

9. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

i like that trailer. I plan on getting one similar

10. hess

hess LawnSite Member

Back in 05 picked up a brand new Trailerman trailer for $1,300