1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

got my new trailer...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitylawnmanagement, Jul 31, 2006.

1. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

So today I go and buy my new trailer, 18ft landscape trailer w/ split gates, brakes, new wheels and tires. I went mowing today and my brakes were graping alot so i finished mowing them went on a country rd and adjust my brakes. I get them adjust, and then started heading towards my shop to unload the equipment. Then while at a stop sign, there is this car with there hazards on, but from my point it looks like a right turn signal so I start to go and then rammed into my trailer. What a day...

2. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I feel for you. I don't know if I would be mad or sick! Hopefully it didn't get too much damage.

3. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Got any pics?

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry about your day but, don't ever trust turn signals. They really mean "WATCH ME" whether it was a turn signal or hazards, don't trust them.
    I was checking on my new trailer last week when someone almost ran me over. I pulled out of the shop area onto a road and went about 100 ft. I turned my left signal on and attempted to turn when I heard a horn and screeching brakes.
    Some idiot in a VW Jetta went flying around me as I started to turn, he/she was going against a double yellow too. Dang! I almost had a new truck but, my instinct was to jerk the wheel away!

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea...turn signals and the people that use them. Was behind a guy yesterday who drove about 3 miles with the right turn signal on....then turned left. Cant trust em.

6. qualitylawnmanagement

OO man was I mad, and I also have to buy them a new front bumper I guess. They damaged my fender and I put a small size dent you their bumper.

7. qualitylawnmanagement

Nope not yet, I should have some pictures by next week of my trailer fixed and the New Dixie Chopper I just signed papers on today.

8. qualitylawnmanagement

Yea I hear what you are saying, I almost had a new truck too but I gunned my truck and it got the trailer instead.

9. qualitylawnmanagement

Yea turn signals can't trust them, Today I turned my turn signals on early by mistake I thought I was coming up on the road I thought I had to turn on and some lady almost pulled out in front of me.

10. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Congrats on the new trailer. Another Dixie?? What Model are you purchasing?