1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Got new trailer, need ideas for storage racks, compartments etc.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnagent, Oct 29, 2002.

1. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

Hello everyone. I just got a new trailer, nothing special. Inside dimensions are 6 feet by 12 feet. I want to fix it up a little in the way of weed eater racks, storage compartments, etc. I am looking for a variety of options and opinions so I can see which ones people use and what may suit my needs best. Thanks so much for any advise and pictures in advance.
    Robert :blob3:

2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I keep making similar requests, I love to see different ideas in action but I dont get anymore pictures than what is already posted here somewhere. Come on guys?

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Open or enclosed trailer?

4. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

my trailer is an open. I put a jack on the front and have a storage shed that I can back into and then screw the jack down when done without having to unload for bad weather..

5. P. Nelson

P. Nelson LawnSite Member

I built my own weedeater rack and tailgate assist. I used 3/4" steel pipe and some 1" tubing. Total cost was around $22.00 for the weedeater rack . The tailgate assist was made out of some 3" steel tubing a garage door spring, some cable and garage door cable wheel. Again the cost was around $20.00 and some a good bit of labor. Sorry I don't have any pics.

6. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Not to be dull or anything, but GRIDIRON racks.... www.novaecorp.com

As I have said about 400 times here, they are worth looking into...

7. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Email me directly at doogiegh@optonline.net.

I'll send you some pictures of what I have done with my trailer that is a 16 foot by 7 foot.

I have a trimmer rack system and love it.

Added a toolbox on the front that I bought from Home Depot for $39.99 and bolted it to the front tongue.

Here's one picture as a sample.

trailer3a.jpg

8. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

9. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

Here are some pictures of my trailer setup. I personally didn't want to have weedeater racks or a blower rack because I didn't want all of that being exposed to the weather all the time.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/dskyzers

10. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice setup, Mike.