Got the MN pest. & fert. license, need info on chem. record keeping, customer forms?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Premium Properties Lawns, Mar 22, 2010.

  1. Premium Properties Lawns

    Premium Properties Lawns LawnSite Member
    Messages: 11

    I just got my MN pesticide applicators license in the mail, and paid for the MN fertilizer license, I've bought my PROLAWN covered sprayer, and bought my earthway fert. spreader.

    I've contacted JohnDeere/Lesco to start buying pre, post, weed/feed, and fertilizer.


    Where & What are the record keeping/customer forms I need to fill out when I spray or fertilize a property? - I know it has something to do with wind speed, and exactly what active ingredients were applied to the property. And... they have to be kept for... how many years after applying?

    -Does it matter that I have a covered sprayer, and there will be no drift?

    Will surely appreciate any advice, or links to the appropriate documents!

  2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

    DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,288

    Here is EXACTLY the website you will reference over and over again.

    Application form is on this webpage. My first season, I just printed a bunch of forms right off the website. Thats a pain, because you are writing in a bunch of non important info repetitively. Waste of time. This season, I custom made carbon copy forms including everything on the official DOA form plus I included a section for billing info. Billing+Record equals perfect form.


  3. jasontimm

    jasontimm LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN
    Messages: 362

    Take the form to your local printing company, and print two copy forms, that way you can tear the back sheet off and leave it with the customer.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

    DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,288

    Right on. Billing and App Record all in one!
  5. Drivefaster35

    Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest
    Messages: 389

    I had to be clueless but I don't think or atleast hope we don't have to have all the pesticide info on the invoice and left at the property. I dont do a whole lot of fert and pesticedes but when I do I do keep my record of what was applied the wind temp time day and what I'm trying to control. Then I just leave a do not enter sign for 24 hrs in all entrances of the property. Am I wrong here? Maybe I should start a new forum don't mea to highjack your forum.
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

    DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,288

    Check your state requirements. Here in MN, we do have to leave the app record with the customer.

Share This Page