1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Got the speed feed...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 04TurfT, Jan 2, 2007.

1. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I got a new shindy weedeater for my grandfather for christmas and it had the speed feed head on it.. A couple days later I HAD to have one for my weedeater. That is an awesome design, although I my dealer said that some people don't like em... What do yall think of em? I love it so far.

2. Six8

Six8 LawnSite Member

Bought a 272 and had them put one on it,and bought one for my 231.Made my 231 feel like a new one.Makes restringing A whole lot faster.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

have them on all three Shindaiwa's. Definitely a major time-saver.

4. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Just a question for the guys w/ speed feed... can you cut your own line from a spool, instead of buying pre-cut line? If not, how's pricing on pre-cut compared to that of a spool?

5. LemkeLawns

LemkeLawns LawnSite Member

Yes, you can cut your oun line.

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I switched my T231's to the speed feed head last summer. I really like them. Makes it alot easier. Plus I can carry just some extra line in my pocket instead of a whole spool.

7. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I switched to them on all 3 of my trimmers. After a bout a month, they were worn out and always flying open, losing the eyelets. At 8.60ea canadian, thanks but no thanks. The traditional bump-n-go style last me 1 1/2 seasons.

8. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I love my speed feed heads. I first put them on my redmax 2600s because the dealer had the adapters. After trying them for a couple of days I had them order me some for my fs90s. It took me a couple of times to get fast at threading the line. Also the smooth bump cap does not hang on the stalons of st augastine grass. This is a big plus for us.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

And how easy is it to check how much line there is left on the speed feed head?

10. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

How do they work? Are they the ones that take 8" sections of string? I've always just kept a couple extra spools ready in the toolbox so I can switch them out as needed. Fill them @ the end of the day so they're ready for the next.