1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Got the Stihl 110 today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RTallday, Jun 9, 2004.

1. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

Well, i finally did it. I went to my local Stihl dealer and bought two 110rx trimmers, with the 4 mix engines. I also have their multi tool with the same engine. Very powerful engines, great torque even at half throttle. It actually makes it a pleasure to trim after we mow. They are a little heavier than my redmax trimmers but the fact that they are quieter and trim better make up for it. Anyway, i recommend these to anyone in the market for new trimmers. Just thought i would share my input on these machines.

-Rich

2. Brad Davis

Brad Davis LawnSite Member

I have been demo'ing a Redmax and I absolutely love it! If you say the stihl is better, maybe I should stay away from it so I don't have to sleep with it at night!

3. No Lawncares

No Lawncares LawnSite Member

I got one of them Stihl 110 2 weeks ago. Plenty of power, and nice machine, but gotta say I still use my good old Toro 90% of the time. Hey did you get a spool of their new trimmer line for free when you bought it. And if so what'd ya think of it?

4. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I picked up my new FS110 Today because of the reviews the guys gave here.

This thing is great. It doesn't seem as heavy compared to the FS66 I use (10years old). Its much quiter than the older model and cuts through 2 foot grass in one swoop.

I received $40 Canadian dollars of as the Sale price.

It was $89 dollars more than the FS85 which isn't 4mix.

I would love to try the FS220. (I think thats the model #)

5. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

are you talking about a doughnut pack or
    just the line already on the trimmer

i don't like the round line at all, infact
    every new trimmer or trimmer head i buy
    i replace the line before i ever leave the dealer

6. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

i love my FS 80R that i bought the other day from my dealer.....i owned a 4 mix and returned it cause it wasnt performing great..one day worked great one day it was a peice.

just my input

7. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

Nope, no trimmer line for me. Just what was in the spools. Its still in one of them. Interestingly enough, i bought a small thing of husqvarna titanium line, and the stuff works great. I dont like the way its perforated, cause it seems to break more easily against concrete and such. I have used gator line forever, and still have 2 spools to go through. Ill see how that stuff works in the 110. By the way, its the 110rx, cause i never change the head, thats why I got the multi tool.

-Rich

8. Birddog Lawncare

Birddog Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

My dealer gave me a spool of Stihl line a few weeks back when I bought a new 110.

9. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

The free spool line is a deal going on right now. I picked up my new FS110r about a month ago and I LOVE IT. But boy does it like to suck down the gas like there is no tomorrow.

10. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Ya really. I read that it did, but now I know for sure it does.

Its like 1 - 1 1/2 hours use per tank full.