Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
54,652 Posts
I pop off gas line caps or water line shut off caps like nothing. Then you see people walking on side walk right next to you like the machine is their freind even with chute pointed at them.

·
Registered
24,992 Posts
Snowblowers catch more stuff. Can’t count how many newspapers took out shear bolts. No fun replacing in cold.

vans drive around here and toss free advertising based newspapers towards porches and they usually end up on drives or lawns.
That's exactly what I hit with my blower. They drive the roads here and toss them out at the end of driveways since most drives are longer around here. Always in some plastic wrapper too which makes things even messier.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If it happened once id leave it alone. You dont know if the intent was you or the customer. If it starts happening on other accounts you have a problem. Id shut off his water a toss bags of stone down the shaft. Itll be a few days before the city can get out to address the problem.

• Haha
Reactions: Jashley73

·
Registered
435 Posts
There are a couple ways to read his statement. It could mean you haven't mowed for long because if you had, you'd have hit newspapers because they used to be all over the place, back in the day.
I’ve hit one.
But not lately….i would imagine less and less people are getting them delivered these days

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a neighbor lady who used to call the cops at every little thing. All the while her and her husband trespass on people's property to see if there's something that they could call the cops for. She wasn't old, she was just miserable. Well her cat was chewing up my garbage every garbage day, I'd set them out at night and they would get picked at like 4am. One night I stayed up and shot that little prick with my bow and then left it so she could see it. That escalated our cop calling neighbors to a new level. I gave her whole property a 2-4-D full concentrated treatment. It killed everything including the trees! That was 1999, to this day I still dive by once every couple years and it's the crappiest looking half dead grass you've ever seen. Moral of the story is be careful with that stuff. Obviously I am admitting that what I did was totally wrong, I feel bad for the soil not for her.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I had a neighbor lady who used to call the cops at every little thing. All the while her and her husband trespass on people's property to see if there's something that they could call the cops for. She wasn't old, she was just miserable. Well her cat was chewing up my garbage every garbage day, I'd set them out at night and they would get picked at like 4am. One night I stayed up and shot that little prick with my bow and then left it so she could see it. That escalated our cop calling neighbors to a new level. I gave her whole property a 2-4-D full concentrated treatment. It killed everything including the trees! That was 1999, to this day I still dive by once every couple years and it's the crappiest looking half dead grass you've ever seen. Moral of the story is be careful with that stuff. Obviously I am admitting that what I did was totally wrong, I feel bad for the soil not for her.
I doubt it …….

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
Wait, so you killed her cat and left the corpse out. Then when she got upset about that you killed everything living on her property!?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I called the customer and he has the guy on his front door cam planting the tissue.

not really a call the cops offence so not sure what to do with it yet but there will come a reckoning.
Complete waste of time and energy to give another thought to this guy. Just be the bigger person and let the homeowner do something about it if they want to since technically, it is their property the was “vandalized”. Petty behavior like this by this guy definitely speaks to his overall demeanor and speaks to why people are jumping ship.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Going to go with a tried and true payback and sprinkle clear thumbtacks on one of his accounts.
pure class- NOT! Hopefully the homeowner doesn’t have a kid or pet that will be walking in that yard but do have a camera to catch you in the act to turn over to police. You should be ashamed!

41 - 60 of 105 Posts