Lawn Care Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
Could do with the ol paper poop sack thing?

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
Or post a how me driving sticker on your truck with their phone number.
Better yet, try to find a Biden bumper sticker and slap one on his truck. People will steer clear!

Reactions: Ridin' Green

·
Registered
435 Posts
I wouldn't go too crazy here, wait at least a month before doing anything. Then I would just do a modest "free firewood" ad for his phone number.
Now that i could get behind.

any retaliation that involves a customer’s lawn shouldnt even be considered. But causing that tool a headache without damage is a good compromise.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Could do with the ol paper poop sack thing?
I gave this serious consideration but in the end went with clear thumbtacks on an account he does that has a few good slopes and a drainage ditch. If he gets a flat at the bottom of one of the slopes it will be hell getting mower back to truck. The poop bag method does have less variables but I am attempting to match the inconvenience caused by thousands of shredded tissue.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I gave this serious consideration but in the end went with clear thumbtacks on an account he does that has a few good slopes and a drainage ditch. If he gets a flat at the bottom of one of the slopes it will be hell getting mower back to truck. The poop bag method does have less variables but I am attempting to match the inconvenience caused by thousands of shredded tissue.
I had a LCO that lived down the street from me get his underpants all in a bundle over a yard I picked up (was his), gave me the finger one day while we were driving opposite directions and the next week I had a screwdriver, handle side down, stuck in one of my tire tracks on the perimeter. Ruined the tire. As good as it would feel to bash his windshield- I knocked on the door of all but one of his remaining clients in the neighborhood and i worked weekends the rest of the season just to pick them up.

It’s always best to take the littler guys to deep water when you want it over with.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Well said MILLC.

The bigger LCO will be the one to walk away and take care of it on their own time with their own method. The minute another person or company attempts to take my headspace, I make a note and move along. It's not worth lowering yourself to their level.

All kidding aside, and I do hope you're kidding TT, but at that point I'd just let it all slide and make note of who did it and keep that with ya.

Tell us all you didn't actually do the thumbtack thing.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Well said MILLC.

The bigger LCO will be the one to walk away and take care of it on their own time with their own method. The minute another person or company attempts to take my headspace, I make a note and move along. It's not worth lowering yourself to their level.

All kidding aside, and I do hope you're kidding TT, but at that point I'd just let it all slide and make note of who did it and keep that with ya.

Tell us all you didn't actually do the thumbtack thing.
yes please tell us it isn’t true!

·
Registered
435 Posts
It was a general statement. The first time you dont think someone will do something, is when you lose.

my reply was the assurance from the above poster that said “so and so didnt do any of that”

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I had a LCO that lived down the street from me get his underpants all in a bundle over a yard I picked up (was his), gave me the finger one day while we were driving opposite directions and the next week I had a screwdriver, handle side down, stuck in one of my tire tracks on the perimeter. Ruined the tire. As good as it would feel to bash his windshield- I knocked on the door of all but one of his remaining clients in the neighborhood and i worked weekends the rest of the season just to pick them up.

It’s always best to take the littler guys to deep water when you want it over with.
Screwdriver with handle buried in tire tracks is genius. Much better chance of success than clear thumbtacks. This is what makes Lawnsite great !

·
Registered
18,940 Posts
I had a neighbor lady who used to call the cops at every little thing. All the while her and her husband trespass on people's property to see if there's something that they could call the cops for. She wasn't old, she was just miserable. Well her cat was chewing up my garbage every garbage day, I'd set them out at night and they would get picked at like 4am. One night I stayed up and shot that little prick with my bow and then left it so she could see it. That escalated our cop calling neighbors to a new level. I gave her whole property a 2-4-D full concentrated treatment. It killed everything including the trees! That was 1999, to this day I still dive by once every couple years and it's the crappiest looking half dead grass you've ever seen. Moral of the story is be careful with that stuff. Obviously I am admitting that what I did was totally wrong, I feel bad for the soil not for her.
Forehead Hair Glasses Vision care Jaw

·
Registered
13,045 Posts

Little guys? Most times, it's the solo op or one crew biz that does the best job. Careful🙂

61 - 80 of 105 Posts