Lawn Care Forum banner

Got to admit, hasn't been bad so far.

37K views 96 replies 17 participants last post by  Greg78 
#1 ·
So, it's mid July, halfway through summer. I can honestly count maybe 5 bad days here do far...what does everyone else think?
Posted via Mobile Device

#4 ·
It has not been brutally hot temp wise, humidity still rough some days especially inland where we do not get that much of the ocean breeze like some of you.
The worst so far this season has been the rain - which I am happy to take - but man it is playing with my schedule, seems like we get a little here, a little there all at times we can not afford to be delayed. Got a 60% chance today and got hit yesterday in the afternoon. Just hoping it can hold off long enough for us to get through a majority of the properties. Nothing like being hot all day and feeling those first couple of large COLD rain drops hit your back.

#5 ·
It's been an "average" summer. Not like many in the last 10 to 15 years. It's been clouding up earlier and keeping the temp down. Yeah, it's summer and it's sweaty, but we haven't been seeing heat indexes above 110 this year. I think the highest temp we have had has been about 95F. And that was just a couple of days. And the sea breezes are working like they should. The air isn't stagnant all the time. For the most part our temps have been what they show as the average every day. Nighttime temps have been in the average temp range too. You can walk outside most evenings and not feel like you stepped into a convection oven. I've walked out after 9pm and it's been downright comfortable. In turn it takes a little longer to reach 90. Heck, it's nearly 11 am and 80 right now.

This is what I remember most summers being like when I was younger. Average, with 8-10 really hot days. And by really hot, I'm talking north of 93, not 98. It's been more comfortable in June and July than some recent Septembers and Octobers have been. Can't complain about this. And if it turns unusually hot, October is only 11 weeks out.

#7 ·
That is the focus of every day at this point even though it has not been crazy hot this year. I am still looking forward some down time.

With that said we called it a early day today about 2:30 as the storms moved in so did the lightning. I will mow through some light rain, heavy rains too at time if I have no choice, but when lightning come I stop.

#14 ·
It looks like it is going to be bad today, maybe tomorrow, monday 50% chance of rain so we will see. It is heat index of 104 right now...good stuff. Just a few more weeks though

#18 ·
Yesterday and today was pretty steamy in the interior of Florida. High of 95F today. No breeze most of the day and no cloud cover, but still dew points in the mid-70s. But hell, I've seen it much worse.
Thursday was pretty decent at times with a few light breezes here, especially in the early morning but then just stagnate, hot , humid , steamy mess. I will concur it has been much worse so I am not hating life but it was nothing our friends in the north would call comfortable.

#20 ·
No lack of humidity up here. But no oppressive heat either. Was cutting two, one larger, at about 2pm. Clouded up. Cool breeze came in, then some light rain as I was trimming. Then it opened up. Got to head back over there now and edge and blow the drives off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.